Stand still and getting frustrated

Options
Hey all! I have been low carbing it for about 2 weeks now-the first week was awesome and I shed about 10 lbs which I know to be water weight. Now in my 2nd week I have not even lost an ounce. I am counting my calories, not over eating my proteins, definitely in my macros for carbs (always under 20). I don't drink coffee often, I don't use a lot of artificial sweeteners-what am I doing wrong :(. It is so strange for me to be at standstill this early in a diet, and I am getting frustrated. I am finally in the swing of things, not cheating even during the holiday parties and Christmas cookies. Please, advice, tips anything is appreciated!

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hon, you need to set realistic expectations. You are down 10 pounds in just 2 weeks. That rate of loss is not typically sustained. Patience, grasshopper. It will happen. Stay focused and committed in the meantime.

If you want more detailed feedback, open your diary.
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    Right but whenever I start keto I always lose that water weight to start with...and I don't expect it to be 10lbs every week...but a lb or 2 a week would be nice...and realistic. i lost that initial water weight and haven't lost since. And I will open my diary I hadn't even thought about it. Thanks !:)
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks really good. You aren't recording water, so I can't tell what you're doing there. If you aren't drinking 12-16 8 oz glasses per day, give that a try. I find that can help spark a loss.
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kira, be patient. Your body has to adjust to dropping 10 pounds in one week. I lose some weeks and not others. It varies based on many things. I learned to set a "monthly" goal. That way if I have a week without a loss I know I can still hit goal before the end of the month. Your body is not yet keto adapted after just one week. Just give it a few more weeks. I am sure it will even out.
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, I appreciate it! I also started to cut back on my cheese intake because I think that might be part of it and my stomach's been upset. Also I don't drink quite that much water, probably about 10 glasses a day, but I can start drinking more if need be (I just pee so much on keto already I give it a brake later in the day so I don't wake up 10x at night lol)
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. If I'm being honest with myself, I know I need to go to bed a teeny bit hungrier than I'd like to lose at anything other than a snail's pace, so I asked myself, "Self, if you were stuffing your face to satiety with carb-laden foods, wouldn't you have gained ten pounds intead of just stalling?" And the answer was yes.

Maybe cut down a teeny bit on your last meal of the day if you stay stalled would be my advice, and no alcohol, unfortunately that is a recipe for stall. Though I drink sometimes anyway!
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    Well I finally lost 2 more lbs today after 2 weeks of no loss-I actually ate more, and drank extra water and 2 days of doing this something came off. Hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks all!
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Even if you are exercising daily and/or staying on your dietary plan, you can go weeks without losing (especially after a really big loss). Unless you go more than a month without losing anything or otherwise seeing any progress (don't forget the NSVs!), I wouldn't worry about it too much especially after losing 10 pounds in the first week - that's awesome! Congratulations on your great start!
  • ceestahr
    Options
    Good job!! I would also think about trying to gut out flour totally to see if that helps. When I cut out grains I'm amazed at how quickly I drop the pounds
  • Twylashea
    Twylashea Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your measurements? I had one treat meal from Sept 4-Dec 22, and there was quite a few weeks where the scale fluctuated but never really seemed to move downward. However, every week I lost 1/4"-1/2" somewhere. My waist for example, lost 4" the whole time I was committed to keto. Having these increments, even if they were small, were very helpful in keeping me going Knowing that there were changes happening, even if I couldn't see the number on the scale, buoyed my spirits.