Dropping 50 lbs

Options
Hello!

My name is Madelyn. I am 22 years old. Starting January 1st, 2014 I need to change my lifestyle. I am looking for something to talk to about workouts, recipes, grocery shopping and staying positive. My goal is to lose 50 lbs in 2014. If you are interested, please let me know!

Thanks!

Madelyn

Replies

• _Jessicastro
    Options
    Why not start now? Yes the holidays are around but you will be ahead of the game. Instagram is a great source to use that is where I get my workouts and food ideas. I am also trying to loose weight my problem is the eating part not the exercise. Good luck!
  • mschaummann
    mschaummann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good point but I am weaning myself of a blood pressure medication that I am on. I have very low blood pressure but it has been pretty stable for a while now. I would keep taking it but it is a steroid and I gained 23 lbs since I have been on it. I have an all clear from my doctor to stop but it has to slow. Eat healthy is very fun but I do not mind that part but I hate to workout. I work a full time job and a part time job including going to school part time. By the time I actually have free time I am on the couch with Netflix and moving is the last thing that I want to do. Good luck to you and let me know how it is going for you!

Thanks!
  • JustineV88
    Options
    Hey,

Congrats on deciding to make some lifestyle changes! :D

It sounds like your schedule is already rammed- I don't envy you :/ The best way for you to get your exercise is to fit it in to your daily tasks. Can you: walk/cycle all or part way to work/school? Walk up stairs instead of the lift or escalator? Use a basket (or two) in the supermarket instead of a trolley? Do skipping/squats/press-ups etc. while waiting for the kettle to boil? Try to walk/cycle most places (also saves money on petrol)?

The best way to fit in exercise is to work it into your schedule- and to help you stick to it stick it in the diary! If you plan to walk to work then pop it in the diary so you know what time you need to leave etc and you are more likely to stick to it. For me for example, I work either early shifts or late shifts alternating week by week so I have a diary to help me plan when my workouts will be as I do not have a constant routine. I'm not a morning exerciser but also once I am home I probably won't want to go out again either so I have a strategy to overcome this. On the early shift I either run straight from work/go to gym on way home/ or plan a home workout (yoga/pilates/dance/Kettlercise). On the late shifts I get my lay in and plan my workouts before I go to work. The trick is to find something you love to do (even if it's just walking with your headphones on for entertainment) and know yourself well enough to makes plans that you will be able to keep long-term.

Hope this helps!

Justine
    XXX
  • sherenalb
    Options
    Do you have work out programs you use at home? That is always handy if you're pressed for time and don't want to leave your home after the madness has passed.
    Otherwise have you thought about being an early morning exerciser? I run a couple mornings before work during the work week to make sure I'm getting in enough exercise (at least 4x/week).

-Sherena
    https://www.facebook.com/shakeologyfitspiration
  • CraigTorg
    CraigTorg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Madelyn!

I am actually looking to lose 75 lbs. I feel you on the working and then coming home only to have time and energy to hit up some Hulu or Netflix then bed. I also have two young boys that take away the rest of that attention.

My wife and I did just get Fitbit wristbands. I really like that it counts steps and that it lets us choose our own goals as well as how aggressive the goals are. Basically, I like that it encourages walking because I don't have the time or energy for gym workouts right now.

Anyway, I would be interested in continuing to talk and encourage one another. Glad you are here!

-Craig-
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose between 40 and 50. I always seem to struggle at sticking to my diet/exercise regimens. I'll go really great anywhere from 1-3 months, but I never see any results (most recently I lost about 20 pounds, but my measurements stayed the same. I'd rather weigh more and measure less).
  • deyannareyes
    Options
    Im deyanna 20 yrs old. Wanting to lose exactly 50lbs no more no less and keep it off :) it will be a challenge and of course ill have my good and bad days but I can do it
  • shezroyalty
    shezroyalty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i would like to lose 50 also, please add me:smile:
  • doodlemeg
    doodlemeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and starting with trying to lose 60lbs, feel free to add me!
  • ShantesNaturalVanity
    ShantesNaturalVanity Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For those who have a hard time fitting a workout in after a long day. I suggest fitting activity into your day. Download a pedometer on your phone and work towards taking a certain number of steps. 2500= 1 mile, For each mile you burn roughly 100 calories ( but that is for the 150 pd. person- so if you are heavier- you burn even more!) if you walk the recommended 10,000 steps a day, you will walk about 5 miles and burn anywhere from 500-650 calories. All from taking the long way to class, or parking your car further- or strolling around the building during breaks. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/shantesnaturalvanity for more inspiration.
  • Naanbread91
    Naanbread91 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and I want/need to lose 80-90lbs to be in a healthy weight for my height! Please add me, I need more fitness friends :)