New to the group

Options
Hey all -

I am new to the group and also knew to joining weight loss groups/forums/blogs ect. I am on a mission to MAINTAIN my weight loss this year.... I fluctuate A LOT. I always lose the weight, get in great shape... and when life gets thrown my way I lose track and gain it all back.

I am currently 25 years old, 146 pounds, and 5'3. I am trying to lose a total of 26 pounds and tone up.

I am usually not into "weighing in" because I enjoy lifting weights and I get acculy focused on the numbers. I am weighing in this year because:

1. I have quite a bit I want to lose.
2. Last year when I got in amazing shape, I dropped 2 pant sizes, gained muscle, dropped body fat but do not know how that affected my weight (gain or loss).
3. I would like to learn how to track my weigh without obsessing over my numbers.

Thanks all!! Looking forward to reading everyones posts.

Leeah

Replies

• m0mofw4r
    m0mofw4r Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey Leeah, I'm in the exact same situation! I joined MFP a few years ago and lost a bunch of weight and have now put some of that weight back on. I'm 5'2 and currently weigh 140lbs and want to get back down into the 120s. I did a lot of cardio and want to incorporate a lot more lifting this time around. Good luck!!!
  • willi220
    Options
    Hi!

Thanks for responding. I am glad I joined these groups, as it REALLY is helping me realize that many people struggle with the same issues as I do.

Sound like we are very similar in size, so as you know 20 pounds is A LOT on a small frame like ours!

I am a little unsure about how to work this group message board thing besides our weigh in on Mondays, which I am excited and nervous about.

Maybe we can motivate each other since we are such a similar situation.

Good luck and I am looking forward to seeing if this group helps us!!