Mid Week CHECK-INS

Options

Replies

• cbumbalough
    cbumbalough Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Of course, just when I get in the mindset to do exercise, I get my daughter's cold. Low-grade fever and tightening chest do not make for ideal workout conditions. I guess there is one perk. I don't have much of an appetite.

Okay, off the negative and onto positive. I've done pretty good this weekend with the exception of eating at Long John Silvers yesterday, but I had a small meal (granted that "cost" a lot of calories). Sunday's are usually a high-calorie day for me because I eat at my mom's, but we are skipping it this week. That will help. I see a can of chicken soup in my future.
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    We had 3 "Family Get-Together" dinners, in a row! :noway: #1, Thursday=Chili, #2, Friday= potato soup and #3, Saturday=biscuits & sausage gravy :tongue: Good times, but glad to be finished with the holiday season... it's so hard to stay on track. If I have any drop of weight this week, l'll be surprised!!

On a brighter note, l'm over my ear, nose, throat & chest cold!! Hoping I'll be able to get more exercise in, now that l can finally breath, again!!
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    On track! Did great with no sugar and getting enough water.

I wish these darn joints of mine would stop aching so much. The joys of mental pause. :D
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    OH BOY! Birthday weekend was tough and it shows on the scale for first weigh in of this challenge :(
    I've never been able to start a new years resolution because of birthday so early in Jan.
    It's ok though. I'm already refocusing and back on track.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    OH BOY! Birthday weekend was tough and it shows on the scale for first weigh in of this challenge :(
    I've never been able to start a new years resolution because of birthday so early in Jan.

Happy Birthday! Stay with it. You can do it.
  • cbumbalough
    Options

Happy birthday! I will forget to say it on teh weekend.
  • cbumbalough
    Options
    Checking in! Yesterday was not a good food day. I'm lazy and didn't track. I'm tracking today though. Made some adjustments to settings on my diary. I believe I'm going to do a little low-carbing for a few days. I need a sugar detox from the holidays. The only way for me to do it is cold turkey!. It sucks the first few days, but I want to stuff my face all day long because I eat junk. I have good stuff at home. I just go for easy stuff. Really, how much longer does the real food take? Not much, if you plan. Planning is the key.
  • toni_mmh
    Options
    more birthday celebrations yesterday/at work... funny how other people use your birthday as an excuse to make poor choices...."AWW come on.. it's your birthday just slurge a little". Well I didn't tell them I splurged the entire prior weekend! LOL
    I got what I wanted then ate very light dinner to accommodate. Stayed within calories for the day. But I know the food choices weren't healthy ones. I am going to plan out food for the rest of the week and go to grocery tonight after work. going to focus on healthy, natural foods (reduce the processed ones). Thanks to cbumbalough for reminding me PLANNING IS THE KEY.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just entered my weight for this week. I forgot to do it on the correct day! I only lost 0.5, which is kind of depressing because I've been meeting my calorie goal. I'm weighing and measuring almost everything. I don't weigh on Sundays when I eat at my parents house. And obviously I ate out once and didn't have an exact calorie count for that food.

I was really hoping for a pound of loss. I'm going to see how this next week goes, and then maybe consider dropping my calories to 1400 instead of 1500.

Hope everyone is doing great!
  • toni_mmh
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    got on scale this morning to a 1.5 lb loss since Monday's weigh in.... sure, whatever. up/down/up/down.
    My poor food choices, regardless of calories, attribute to the fluctuations, I'm sure.
    Patience & Persistence will be my focus for today.
    Also, I'm taking an exercise challenge from a C25k friend to stretch 15 min per day each day this week. Anyone else?
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    got on scale this morning to a 1.5 lb loss since Monday's weigh in.... sure, whatever. up/down/up/down.
    My poor food choices, regardless of calories, attribute to the fluctuations, I'm sure.
    Also, I'm taking an exercise challenge from a C25k friend to stretch 15 min per day each day this week. Anyone else?

I have gone down 1 lb since monday and hope to hold that 1 lb loss at least til next Monday (or lose more!!)..
    I'm hoping to get at least 10-15 minutes strength training every other day this week, along with daily cardio. (may take it easier on the weekend but not TOO easy)
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

This week has been rough because I have picked up a virus. Monday all I did was eat and sleep and sit on the couch staring at the tv. My steps have been almost non-existant and moving to the bathroom tired me out. And I was always hungry.

I am still all of these things but it is getting less pronounced and I have been able to sneak in a power walk yesterday and today. They take most of my energy out of me, but I'm recovering faster today than yesterday. So this is good.

I am not sure how this will affect my weigh in, but I am trying to stay within calories, even though this virus has my stomach thinking it needs food almost constantly. :grumble: It is hard to tell real hunger (need energy to heal) from virus inspired munchies, but I'm trying to eat healthy food rather than junk.
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

I was pleasantly surprised to see a 2.2 weight loss this morning. I've been working on it and staying on track so I'm glad to see it's working!
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.....

The past two days have been a mental battle not to eat everything in sight! Not sure why. Today is much better and I feel back in control. It's my rest day from the gym, so I'm doing some kettlebell work at home.

Hope those of you who aren't feeling well are doing better today. Stay healthy!!:smile:
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    According to the scale, my weight is down one lb since Monday, so I haven't been too bad. I've been taking my dog on extra long walks this week and also been doing my cardio at the gym. I did miss my strength training today and I feel a little guilty - I'll get back to it on Friday.
  • cbumbalough
    Options
    I do so good in the mornings and by the afternoon I've quit tracking. Personal goal for the day, track all day!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I do so good in the mornings and by the afternoon I've quit tracking. Personal goal for the day, track all day!

I know at least one person that logs everything right up front--a well planned day. Then sticks to what she put in her log. Maybe that alternative approach might work for you if you are struggling.
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I was happy to see my weight down 2.2 from Monday, hopefully I can keep it off, possibly lose more. With my anniversary this Sunday, I'd be happy just to keep that off!
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hmm, so this week.

Good things - we are all back to school/work so there is more routine/normality; have completed turbofire according to the schedule, have been within calories and logged most foods. Drank a lot more water which is my goal for this week.

Not so good - haven't logged everything and need to get back on that, have been snacking A LOT and feel hungry all the time since going back to work - most of which is I think boredom/emotional/I miss the kids type eating. Snack choices not always the best - bought a lot of low cal/ww type snacks as all on special offer at the moment but unsurprisingly they don't satisfy my appetite the way fruit does. Turbofire this week is a recovery week, so there is still a workout 6 days of the week but not too the intensity/calorie burn I am used it - definitely steps up again next week though so just need some patience.

Had a go on the scales this morning and no weight loss so far this week BUT for the first time in a gazillion years I am wearing a pair of size 10 (US size 6) trousers today so trying to focus on that. However definitely finding everything tougher since christmas...
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

I know at least one person that logs everything right up front--a well planned day. Then sticks to what she put in her log. Maybe that alternative approach might work for you if you are struggling.

We always plan evening meals a week in advance so will often log all my meals for the day by lunchtime and then know what 'spare' calories I have for the rest of the day - either for snacks or more normally wine - but am having a dry January :drinker: