Introductions

Options
xqueenbee24x
xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
Hi All,
My name is Bridget, I am 24 years old and I am the creator of this challenge. I have hosted a few challenges in the past and have found that the accountability and motivation of the challenges has helped me to keep up with my diet and weight loss. This challenges is different than any other challenge I have hosted or participated in.

I have been a member of mfp since April of 2013 and have successfully lost 50 pounds while being a member of this site. I attribute all of my success to the major support system of the people I have created friendships with through this site. It is my ultimate goal to bring this same support to anyone else who needs a helping hand in their journey.

I work fulltime and have been finding it harder to get into a workout and diet routine as I work in retail and my hours vary and I rarely get to take my breaks. So although I organized the challenge I need just as much motivation and encouragement as everyone else to be successful in the new year. I want to make 2014 my year to lose the rest of the weight I need to in order to get in the best shape of my life.

Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

My name is Melissa (Mel) and I'm 26 years old. I've been a member of MFP for about a year or so now and it's helped me lose 129lbs! I have hit my goal weight and want to start building muscle and tightening all my jiggle! My problem is my diet has taken a turn for the worse! I need some accountability to get me back on track!

I work full time as an Accounting Technician but make sure I still get in my daily workout!
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi

My name is Elizabeth, I have participated in few challenges, but never came all the way through so this time I really feel very motivated. In two years I will be 50 years old and I refuse to get to the other half of my life feeling tired, with high blood pressure (I'm already on blood pressure medication) and diabetic.The last blood work I did in October revealed that I have high cholesterol, high triglycerides and I'm pre diabetic.

I have a full time job and I'm the caregiver, with the help of my hubby, of my 72 years old mom. She has diabetes (insulin user), high blood pressure, thyrod problems and schizophrenia. She really needs me and if I don't take care of myself I can't take care of her. Putting her in a home is out of the question. If she took care of me when I needed her I think the least I could do is take care of her.

I've been a member of MFP since January 2012. I did really good the first year l lost 30 pounds. Last year wasn't so successful I was up and down from 160lbs to 155lbs. Here I am again with 160lbs and determined to do as great as I did in 2012. 2014 is my year!!!!! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • MLL0319
    MLL0319 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

My name is Melissa (Mel) and I'm 26 years old. I've been a member of MFP for about a year or so now and it's helped me lose 129lbs! I have hit my goal weight and want to start building muscle and tightening all my jiggle! My problem is my diet has taken a turn for the worse! I need some accountability to get me back on track!

I work full time as an Accounting Technician but make sure I still get in my daily workout!

Mel!

Great job on losing 129LBS!!! You are an inspiration!
  • knitwithpurpose
    knitwithpurpose Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    My name is Letitia and I've been a member of MFP, since early in 2013, but have only been a sporadic user. I'm 52 and have gained about 15 lbs over the past 3 years or so and am finding it VERY difficult to take weight off. In the past Weight Watchers has worked for me, but with the points plus I found it too easy to cheat so now I'm going to try counting calories. I have also gotten a fitbit that has made me realize I have gotten very sedentary. I have been cycling for about 8 years, but 6 months ago, stopped riding due to excessive summer heat (worse than normal) and then work pressures. With the new year I have decided its time to get back on the bike and get my eating under control. I'm joining this challenge to help with motivation. I don't have any MFP friends and would love to have some, especially ladies who are in my age range (50+) or are menopausal because we have a special set of problems trying to lose weight. Thanks for reading!
  • MLL0319
    MLL0319 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

My name is Michelle and I will be thirty in March. By my birthday I had a few goals that I wanted to complete. I wanted to quit smoking by my 30th bday. I quit in early Dec. I also want to lose 12 lbs by my bday. By the end of 2014 I want to run a 1/2 marathon.I started using MFP a few years ago and lost about 40lbs using the site. I have gained and lost the same 5 lbs over the last year. I would like to lose about 20lbs to reach my goal. I am very busy with work, three children, a husband, and a dog. Since I quit smoking and have found that I gained a few pounds. In my eyes, this is worth it.

My biggest issue is night time eating. If I could overcome this, I now I would see better results on the scale.
  • brdgt
    brdgt Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for creating the challenge Bridget!

My name is also Bridget :) I'm 37 and have been on MFP for about a year and a half? I'm a graduate student writing my dissertation from home, so finding time to exercise is fortunately not a problem. I enjoy running, rock climbing, yoga, hiking, and ultimate frisbee. I use MFP to maintain my weight (although a few less pounds and/or more muscle tone by my wedding this summer wouldn't be a bad thing) and to keep track of nutrients that help me build muscle. I get bored with routines quickly, so I enjoy challenging myself to keep things fresh, although this is the first challenge I've participated in with others, so I'm very excited!
  • Zak_FH
    Zak_FH Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am Zainab, turning 29 this month and hoping to create an exercise routine I can stick to and lose weight I have been carrying around for 10 years now. I would like to lose 30 kg ideally over the next year...that's about 66 lbs.

Getting friends to go out for walks and losing weight together hasn't worked out offline for me so really hoping to make this work online with the MFP community (new here). I need someone to keep me accountable and provide emotional support & advice.

I have successfully lost 10 kilos before (2009) while working out with a trainer and eating less but I used to hardly be able to get anything else done during the day - I would be so consumed with the thought of what to eat when and going to the gym and things - I found the mental effort really tiring rather than fulfilling. It felt like a full-time job.

Since then, even though I plan for it every year - I have been trying to avoid getting into the whole routine again because I have been working on building my own business from home. This year, i want to live a more balanced life without compromising on health/work/family or social life.

Any tips for this not feeling like all or nothing scenario?
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Clara and I'm 56 years old. I work full time as a manager and I try to stay on a mostly vegan diet for health reasons. Lately, due to family stress, I have been off track. I have not been working out as regularly and I have been eating too much meat, sweets, etc. So I'm determined to get back on track with your support. Hoping I can be supportive to you!
  • Jules7727
    Jules7727 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm Julianne, and will be turning 50 in May (and it's kinda freaking me out!!)! :) I'm pretty active with multiple dog walks/jogs a day, and I'm a member of Koko Fitclub and try to get there 4 times a week. I have been way off track on eating for months now. I am feeling out of my comfort zone (tight clothes), and need to get back on the wagon. What seems to work for me is being held accountable for my actions, so here I am. I'm looking forward to reporting in and cleaning up my act and I'm glad to be doing this with all of you. Thank you!
  • chocobis09
    chocobis09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My name is Ebonie. I work full time outside of the home. I turned 30 in December and did not reach the goals that I set out for myself but i'm still on my way. I want to run a 5k by November, and I have a pair of jeans i want to get into by summer. I do cardio at the gym when i can, I also have some Shaun T dvd's I utilize at home, and zumba on the wii when my toddler is napping. I'm thinking about doing T25 haven't decided yet. Having a great network of folks with you on your journey always makes it easier. Lets do this!
  • Reni421
    Reni421 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Reni. I've been a member since 2012, but this will be the first time I really commit - firstly by joining a challenge like this :) I need to stop half-assing this and get real about it. I have been doing zumba twice a week for 8 months now, and my class will be expanding to include piloxing soon. I also do some home dvds, and I am thinking about adding in some weights. During the day at work I eat very well - its when I get home and when I am off work that I need to really improve. Glad to have found you all and look forward to this challenge.
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    To Zainab, I think you need to relax a little bit. Try to think of eating healthy and exercising as part of life and try to work in small improvements, one at a time. Start with logging every day, then the next week work on eating a salad every day.... and so on. Time to meditate or relax is also helpful. Hope we can all help you and each other through this challenge!
  • LadySuze
    LadySuze Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name's Suzanne and I'm a 23 year old student. I've been a member for 2 years now and have lost 10 kg. Unfortunately, I have let myself go and gained a little in the last 6 months.

I want to lose another 9kg and be more active.

I'm also going on an erasmus exchange from February until June, so a challenge like this will hopefully keep me accountable when I'm in Spain.

I have done two challenges in the past and loved them, so I can't wait for this one to start!
  • knitwithpurpose
    knitwithpurpose Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Zainab, As Clara said you need to relax! You also need to find an activity that works for you. Personally I do not want to go to the gym 4 times a week and work out - that's just not my thing. Fortunately we have a very nice trainer who comes to my work 3 times a week and does a boot camp class; she mixes it up and the workout is never the same. Its a lot of fun, so I do that twice a week. I also discovered that I love to bicycle so that has been my Saturday mornings for several years, unfortunately I let myself get out of shape and can't keep up with my club, so I stopped going and suddenly none of my clothes fit.

I will also echo what Clara said, start tracking what you are eating, you will be shocked at how much you eat. After tracking for a week or so start to limit your calories or swap out foods. Someone once told me to cut "white" from my diet - white bread, white rice, white sugar. I have also found that if I cut wheat from my diet I lose weight faster, however if you are not in the US and getting all the lovely GMO wheat that might not be as big an issue.

You can do this!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,980 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jackie I met my goal weight last spring but managed to put some back on! My goal is get back to 135 by April since I will be running my first half marathon! For Christmas my husband bought me a Fitbit Aria scale, yay! Thanks for this challenge because the hardest thing lately is STAYING focus on weekends! i need to REMEMBER this:

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in doing something you do it only when it is convient. When you are commited to something, you accept no excuses, only results." Kenneth Blanchard

Good luck everyone!
  • kellimichelle05
    kellimichelle05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Kelli and I am 26 years old. I have used MFP on and off for the last year or so but find it difficult to stick with unless I have someone else to hold me accountable, which is what brings me here! I go through phases where I work out 5-6 days a week and watch my diet but then I fall off the wagon.. My body is very sensitive to diet/exercise changes also so I know I need to stick with it in order to see the results I want.... I am also getting married in May and would like to lose a few pounds before then :)
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm Karen, I'm 29 (birthday was yesterday), 5'2" and currently 141.75lbs. I started in the region of 156lbs about 4.5months ago, and gained a bit over Christmas so am falling a bit behind in my goals.

My ultimate goal weight is 120lbs.

I was diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis yesterday and told I'm not allowed to run for at least 2 months - I used to run 4 days a week and it was my main exercise/calorie burner. I am afraid that I'll use it as an excuse and slack off, so hoping this challenge will keep me accountable.

I am also working my way through New Rules of Lifting for Women and I really want to finish the program and be successful with it - its changed the way I look so much already!

Good Luck!!!
  • ghoti3
    ghoti3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Katie - 37 years old and only been a member of MFP for 3 days now. I'm really enjoying this site, and I'm so excited that I found this group. I've struggled with my weight my whole life, and right now I feel that I'm at my heaviest (though I've yet to step on a scale to confirm that - I will for this challenge!). I enjoy being outdoors and active, but some personal problems over the past year have led to emotional eating and putting on weight. I want to get back into a lifestyle that makes me feel good and that I enjoy. I have also struggled to quit smoking - one of the biggest barriers to my being active and healthy. I am 3 days smoke free at the moment. I don't have a big support group to keep me accountable in my daily life, so I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone on here :smile:
  • kellimichelle05
    kellimichelle05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also forgot to mention I work 10 hour days Monday-Thursday (and 8 hours Friday) so I'm finding it very difficult to find time to work out and spend quality time with my fiancé.
  • melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Mel!

Great job on losing 129LBS!!! You are an inspiration!

Thank you so much! :)