Share your Success Story here -

Options
MaryMBacon
MaryMBacon Posts: 94 Member
How did you do today? how was your week? or what made you finally decide to take care of your health. Share your success here so we can cheer each other on and look for inspiration on a rough day.

Replies

• 1flowergirl
    1flowergirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Today was the first day in weeks I got off my butt and did an early morning workout, that for me was a success.My much bigger success is losing 88lbs over the last 18 months,no where near I thought I'd be,still much farther than I've ever gotten in 25 years of obesity.I've hit another 3 month plateu, very frustrating,the truth is I've not been as deligent as I am when I lose very slowly but steady,so truth be told,not really a plateu.
    I hope my next sucess will be to not gain over the holidays,as friends are already asking for pies and pastries,and I just made the first pumpkin roll of the season,and yes I did have a small slice.So the goal is to maintain,preferably lose a pound or 2 this holiday season,that, I hope will be my next sucess,and quit battling the same 1 pound I'm gaining and losing weekly! Time to truly buckle down.
  • MaryMBacon
    Options
    How did you all do the past few weeks. If you made so much as one conscious eating healthy decision around the holidays you deserve a pat on the back.
    For me, I host, I enjoy hosting and it gives me total control over the food. We always have shrimp cocktail. It's healthy and low cal and a popular appetizer, keeps me from wanting or eating the higher calorie options. I also just didn't do any cookies this year, I spent my time decorating the house instead, which ALSO involves cleaning. Now I'm happy, my house looks so festive and much less clutter because I had to clear space for the large volume of decorations I own. When these go back to the attic ~ I will have EMPTY SPACE and I'm really exited about that. I hate clutter. So I feel like I achieved a victory on 2 levels.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,424 Member
    Options
    Since Jan 1 - I have walked ~25 miles. The two longest sessions have been 9.5 and 10 miles respectively. I am WAY above the minimum target of 1 mile per day to clock 365 miles by New Years Eve 2014.

Doing the "Walk It Out" Wii game WHILE watching my fave tv show (* walking outside in -26 C weather just doesn't happen - and this way I am not couch-potatoing*) is part of my plan for achieving the unreasonable goal of 20 pounds down by March 31. It isn't my only strategy. But keeping moving for longer periods [as opposed to only during 30-minute "exercise sessions"] is one of the corner stones. It is a way I made big strides the first time around. I do the 30-minute exercise sessions regularly as well.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    How did you all do the past few weeks. If you made so much as one conscious eating healthy decision around the holidays you deserve a pat on the back.

I brought both breakfast and lunch (BOTH prepared and packed the day before) on my first day back to the office. I also brought some home-made turkey soup for myself when I went to a friend's house for the day to help her with some moving-box unpacking. She is KNOWN for buttered-pasta lunches and year round home-made baking.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I brought both a home made breakfast and lunch again today - and again walked up 3 flights of office stairs when I first arrived. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

(once is a one-off; twice could be a coincidence; three times is a likely pattern; 21 days in a row is the base for a habit)
  • MaryMBacon
    Options
    I brought both a home made breakfast and lunch again today - and again walked up 3 flights of office stairs when I first arrived. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

(once is a one-off; twice could be a coincidence; three times is a likely pattern; 21 days in a row is the base for a habit)

AWESOME!!
  • MaryMBacon
    Options
    It's lunchtime at work and I've already had 3 servings of fruit today. YAY me :) Aiming for my 5 a day
  • BMcC9
    Options
    It's lunchtime at work and I've already had 3 servings of fruit today. YAY me :) Aiming for my 5 a day

BooYA!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MaryMBacon
    Options
    I was very excited today. I went to the gym and shopping and as many of you know I'm remodeling. I had to move a bunch of stuff upstairs and downstairs to prep for the floor finishing guy to come in. After all that work -- I was starving. Sat down to my steak and potatoes and I just could not finish it. I was full -- I saved it for lunch. I've been pretty good at serving myself reasonable portions but I was surprised after how much activity that I was really just not as hungry as I thought. I ate much less than I planned on and several hours later, still feel satisfied.