BG monitor

Options
blueimp
blueimp Posts: 230 Member
Hello all,
How can I tell if my BG monitor is dead? I replaced the batteries on a recent trip and the darn thing is dead again. Since the batteries are not inexpensive (but certainly less so than a new monitor and paraphernalia) , I'd like to know if, short of buying new batteries again, does anyone know how to tell if it's the monitor itself that is dead? It's about 2 years old.
Thanks!

Replies

• Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around much and didn't notice this til now. I would get a new monitor. Anymore, most a pretty cheap because they make money selling you the strips. It is very possible you can find one that uses the strips you have. I use TrueResult, I think I got it free for buying a bottle of strips which are about $25-30 per 100. My daughter got one from Target for about $15 and the strips are about $35.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Just came across your post as well. Someone at one time said monitors should be replaced every year or two. I went with the WalMart brand, ReliOn. It wasn't too expensive (sorry, can't remember exact amount)...but the best is that 50 strips cost around $9. It is as accurate as my old one with the expensive strips.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I second retiree's suggestion. I'm uninsured in the states and use a Walmart Relion Prime I bought for just under $17 here in Ohio with the strips being $9/50. Its accuracy is very good. It'll be hard to find a better deal.
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Call or email the manufacturer. Most will replace them for free.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, just asked the question again (differently) and found your responses when I came looking for responses.
    Roche replaced the batteries once and have been singularly unresponsive since. I'll chec around for a new one. I appreciate the tops!