Down 12 pounds in 9 days!

Options
jeniwilmot
jeniwilmot Posts: 25 Member
What! What! :happy:

Wow I'm impressed with this diet. Can't all be water weight, right? Excited to be fully ketoadapted in a few weeks. All I need to do to drop fat now is wait it out.

<3 jeni

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

You are on the right path. Yes, the first 5 to 12 lbs are water weight, but don't let that discourage you. It it the threshold you need to cross to be on your way to fat loss, this is a very good thing. Good job!
  • Deuxtrouble43
    Deuxtrouble43 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have lost just over 5 lbs in 8 days. I am not hungry, a little tired but I can't believe I havent done this years ago.
  • delta229
    delta229 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    True, it is most likely water weight but that is the first sign of a change. Your body will give you several signals along the way and it will stall off and on. The journey into Keto is about leaning about your own, personal physiology. What works for one person, may not work for another. It is a long, slow process of learning what works for you. Read everything you can about nutrition and the science of the human body switching over to Keto. It's hard but try to sort through the "Junk" science and the bad advice. Don't take everything to heart you read on a board. Read as many post as you can and then figure out if it works for you! Your body will go through several changes along the way!
    I wish you all the luck in the world! Success with Keto is about your drive and dedication.
  • jeniwilmot
    jeniwilmot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    12 lbs of water weight? really? I was under the impression that after about 3-4 days your glycerine stores run out and that is when you lose the water they are carrying.

I went from zero lbs lost on day 3, bad cravings and headaches to a huge 8 lb drop overnight, feeling euphoric and had no cravings. I went from like 2000 calories on day 3 to forcing myself to eat 1100 from day 4 on (which is way under my daily requirement).

The subsequent weight really seems to be fat. But if you think it's water weight, I'm curious if I misunderstand the science...?

I think it's only 4 lbs of fat technically in 6 days--but an overall weight drop of 12 w/ water weight. Does that sound likely?? Either way good start!

Thanks!
  • DLynn50
    Options
    I am down 7lbs in 5 days and loving it! I am anxious to get myself measured and start tracking inches off too. I don't care if it's fat or water a lb is a lb and it all carries the same. I want all of the unwanted ones gone!