Other People Who Do 30 Day Shred?

Options
inskydiamonds
inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
Is anyone else doing the 30 Day Shred? I'm on Day 3 of Level 1 and I feel like I got hit by a truck!
If you're doing it, how's it going for you?

Replies

• SailorAriel
    SailorAriel Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We lost that dvd but are going to re-buy on pay day ^_^ We didnt have weights the first time but we used 20 oz coke zero bottles full of sand as weights and it made me go owies :(
  • danam82
    danam82 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm going through it for the 2nd time, and it is amazing! After the first day, yeah I could barely move. And the next few days are hard. But soon you'll start seeing a difference in your energy and the way your clothes fit. I never lost weight doing this workout, but I lost inches and I started to see muscle tone. The workout is tough, but worth it. :)

Oh, and I've never done it 30 days in a row. Something always happens (sick, traveling) to where I miss a day or two in between here and there. But even hitting and missing like that, it's an effective workout. Good luck!
  • cbfitz
    cbfitz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD ages ago, and would only do level 1 for about 5 days, then life would get in the way and I'd quit...I might see if I can dig it out and start doing it again this month. It's motivating to hear how y'all talk about how much work it is. I wanna join the fun!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS a few times now.. I originally bought it Sept 2012 and did it then, again in Dec 2012 and again in Feb 2013. I can't say I really gave it my all the last time I tried but the first two times, I saw some real changes! I did lose some weight while doing 30DS but that was when all I had to do was think thin and I'd lose 2 lbs... back when I was just starting out, I guess.

I am doing Ripped In 30 this time around and mixing it with running a couple times a week. I don't know about you guys, but I have found out I get/have "DOMS" (Delayed Onset Muscle Syndrome/Soreness) which I guess is a nice way of saying my muscles are slow. On day 1, I don't hurt.. rarely feel any "burn" the night of the workout. On day 2, maybe the slight little aches, but on days 3 and 4 I am usually so sore (if I haven't been working out recently already) that I can barely walk right or get out of bed in the mornings! By day 5 and 6 though I am feeling better and pushing into the next week or workout segments.

JM's DVDs are great for anyone who needs someone to really push them to their breaking point. If you think you can't do it, she's there to tell you "you CAN and you WILL!" lol.