Newbie :)

Options
Hello! I'm a newbie and looking for friends to support me along the way. A little about me I'm 28, I have struggled with my weight practically my whole life. The only time I was able to lose the weight was when I was on TrimSpa (the real stuff) and I ate almost nothing and worked out for 1.5 hours a day 5 days a week ( I know healthy right?!?!) My weight really skyrocketed when I met my now husband, he has a very active job and can eat practically anything he wants, me on the other hand I look at ice cream and it's forever on the hips!! I was diagnosed with PCOS 2.5 years ago, put on Metformin and my weight has just been steady I haven't really lost but I have no gained more either. I know low carb would help out with my PCOS tremendously as I'm insulin resistant ,but I have no clue where/how to start. Any help and friends would be much appreciated I want to make 2014, my year!! I want to be able to run around after my daughter who will be 2 in June and not be totally out of breath!! I do plan on working out also just waiting for my T25 to come in the mail!!

Replies

• jenniferevon
    Options
    I went to a "fat doctor" who instructed me to do a low carb high protein lifestyle and have lost 40 pounds. I would be more than happy to help you! Eat between 1,000-1,200 calories a day. No more than 50-75 grams of carbs a day. Remove ALL white carbs (this includes apples and bananas) and try to eat lean meat as much as possible. Depending on your height/weight, you'll need 84-120 grams of protein a day (84 is my low end - mine is between 84-104 grams per day and I'm 5'3). Eat within one hour of waking - at least 20 grams of protein and less than 5 grams of carbs. Don't forget to subtract the fiber from the carbs to get the total amount of carbs. Do not do the Atkins type diet, although it works, who wants to eat like that forever? Drink over 100 ounces of water a day.
  • jeniwilmot
    jeniwilmot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi newbie friend!!

For the PCOS I think this diet will be fantastic. I've also read that eating the bulk of your intake in the morning rather than evening is really helpful with PCOS. I know a LOT of people with PCOS actually come to think of it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2441631/Struggling-conceive-Try-eating-hearty-breakfast-Extra-calories-morning-increases-ovulation.html

Good luck and I'm excited to follow your progress!

<3 jeni
  • jeniwilmot
    jeniwilmot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I went to a "fat doctor" who instructed me to do a low carb high protein lifestyle and have lost 40 pounds. I would be more than happy to help you! Eat between 1,000-1,200 calories a day. No more than 50-75 grams of carbs a day. Remove ALL white carbs (this includes apples and bananas) and try to eat lean meat as much as possible. Depending on your height/weight, you'll need 84-120 grams of protein a day (84 is my low end - mine is between 84-104 grams per day and I'm 5'3). Eat within one hour of waking - at least 20 grams of protein and less than 5 grams of carbs. Don't forget to subtract the fiber from the carbs to get the total amount of carbs. Do not do the Atkins type diet, although it works, who wants to eat like that forever? Drink over 100 ounces of water a day.

Um what's wrong with apples and bananas? You say removed them just because they're white? lol. Uh why? True too many of them and the carbs would add up (just like any other fruit) but you cannot tell me you'd really throw out apples and bananas merely because they're white. I mean. That's just silly.

I mean, check it:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=15

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=7

That said I'm doing a ketogenic diet (like Atkins) that is very low carb 25-50 but usually around 30. What's great about low-carbing it THAT low is a craving suppression. Like its super easy to eat low carb. Plus you go into ketosis and burn more fat quicker. I do plan on making a lifestyle change. I've never been more satisfied eating before than on a strict lowcarb diet. With all the knock off blogs, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Everything in moderation (and small portions) except maybe soda.

So don't knock til you've tried it. All I'm saying. And please don't throw out apples and bananas for no reason. That's dumb.
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

Um what's wrong with apples and bananas? You say removed them just because they're white? lol. Uh why? True too many of them and the carbs would add up (just like any other fruit) but you cannot tell me you'd really throw out apples and bananas merely because they're white. I mean. That's just silly.

I mean, check it:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=15

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=7

That said I'm doing a ketogenic diet (like Atkins) that is very low carb 25-50 but usually around 30. What's great about low-carbing it THAT low is a craving suppression. Like its super easy to eat low carb. Plus you go into ketosis and burn more fat quicker. I do plan on making a lifestyle change. I've never been more satisfied eating before than on a strict lowcarb diet. With all the knock off blogs, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Everything in moderation (and small portions) except maybe soda.

So don't knock til you've tried it. All I'm saying. And please don't throw out apples and bananas for no reason. That's dumb.

They're also full of sugar. You sure you are familiar with keto? :)