Ragnar Key West

Options
LoraF83
LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
I have a team that's doing the 2014 Ragnar Relay from Miami to Key West. We just had 2 runners drop out and are looking to fill the spots. This is a 199 mile relay race. Each person does 3 legs (of various distances and difficulty) and the team runs straight through till the race is done. You're basically living out of a van and having a great time!

The race starts on 2/7. A group of us will be traveling to Miami via van - leaving on 2/5 and driving straight through. We will be staying the night in Miami on 2/6 and starting the race early the next morning. We will run to Key West and then spend the night there on 2/8. On 2/9 we will start driving home to Indiana (returning midday on 2/10). Of course, runners are welcome to make their own travel arrangements. We have some team members flying in.

The registration fee is $132 and other costs include hotel fees (if you want to stay with the group) for $128, van rental and gas for $115, and the travel down to FL is $115 (to and from). The whole trip can be done for about $500 plus money for food.

This is a bucket-list, once in a lifetime race and I'm super excited to have the chance to do this! If you're interested, send me a message for more info.

The two spots we need to fill require total distances of 13.6 and 16.2 miles (divided up over 3 legs over about 36 hours).

Replies