Questions - please :)

Options
Okay so I had a huge breakfast and when it got to be lunch time - I wasn't even the least bit hungry. It is now 2 1/2 hours after lunch and I just finally got my salad out but I am not 100% sure I can eat it LOL - can't remember ever saying that! So that made me think...

1. How many meals do you have a day?

2. If I only ended up eating say 2 meals - from my understanding it is very important to meet my macros correct? This is what I have remaining:

595 Calories
23 Carbs
46 Fat
28 Protein
14 Fibre
15 Sugar

So from these numbers, I should probably at least have another meal?

Replies

• Chris_B62
    Chris_B62 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat the 3 standard meals per day and generally keep it to about 500-ish calories per meal. I take about an ounce of nuts and a babybel cheese for a late afternoon snack to eat before going home. I try to maintain a 2000 calorie per day goal and all the above leaves me with about 300 calories to fidget with for my daily meals and/or a after dinner keto friendly snack or desert like a peanut butter and cream cheese fat bomb or something. I almost always have 3 cups of coffee w/ a Tbsp of heavy cream and 3 eggs and 3 slices of bacon for breakfast each morning. Never get tired of Bacon and Eggs. My diary is open if you wish to take a peak and I am always looking for new keto friends if you would like to send me a FR.
  • jhiggi83
    jhiggi83 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 meals a day, consumed in a 4 hour window. First one is about 1000 calories and the second is about 850. I am never hungry and I dont eat the other 20 hours. The standard Keto Macro breakdown is 65% fat, 30% Protein and 5% net carbs
  • jeniwilmot
    jeniwilmot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You don't want your calories too low every day because your metabolism will eventually slow down.

I get it though--Some days I have around 1000 and some days around 1600 (which is still a bit deficit for me). It is definitely hard to eat sometimes. Pretty cool feature of the diet!

I would definitely add some more fat your diet. Too much protein isn't good for fat loss in ketosis. Google fat bomb desserts. I made a great chocolate mousse the other day.
  • cchild2
    cchild2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Google "intermittent fasting"...