Sleep Troubles??

Options
Does anyone else have trouble sleeping in general and then realized how bad it was once they got the BodyMedia?
I always knew I was a light sleeper but this is insane.
I wake up from 10-16 times a night anywhere from several minutes to over an hr.

Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I do also. I also noticed a huge block of an hour every night at 4AM... I hope I am not sleep walking or something :laugh:
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should have a sleep study done. I have apnea and since I got my cpap machine, I sleep soooo much better!
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    Maybe you should have a sleep study done. I have apnea and since I got my cpap machine, I sleep soooo much better!

Agree, you should look into a sleep study.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I " should" get one done but I probably wont. Hubby says he hasn't noticed any issues with my breathing or anything.
  • melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used a CPAP machine when I was 400 pounds and it helped me so much with sleeping better and losing weight. A lot of people have sleep apnea and are totally unaware of it, I agree I would suggest a sleep study as well.
    I love seeing how I slept the night before as it really helps me stay committed to getting to bed earlier or watching my activities, or caffeine drinks too close to bedtime etc.
  • randomtai
    Options
    I ain't got no time or money for any sleep study. I highly doubt I have sleep apnea. I am just a light sleeper.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sleep apnea can be very serious. My brother-in-law had a massive stroke because of apnea. BTW, he was incredibly fit and not overweight. You really can't tell if you have it unless you have a study done. I went to the sleep doctor becauseI couldn't fall asleep, and when I finally did, I would wake up at 2 am and not be able to go back to sleep. I was exhausted during the day but couldn't sleep at night. I fully expected to be given sleeping pills and the latest info on how to relax, but instead was shocked to find out I had apnea. (I'm 5'4" 145 lbs,)
  • randomtai
    Options
    My sleep has been much better. It was just stress. I have been getting better sleep now that I get to bed at a normal hour and not worry about the day things in bed.
    I have anxiety and most definitely not sleep apnea. So that may have been the case for you but that isn't for everyone. Plus without money or insurance I don't have the extra for some sleep study that will tell me what I already know. Thanks for your concern though. :flowerforyou:
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I am a light sleeper too and am on call for work, it's actually helpful. My tricks to help me sleep are not napping work days, working out every day, a dark room (no ambient light from clocks out outside) and music to help me nod off. I can't use anything with lyrics or I'll sing along. I downloaded a couple meditative albums from iTunes and they really do the trick for me. :)