CVX the day after The Challenge

Options
I don't know about anyone else, but I found this to be brutal on the shoulders. I woke up this morning barely able to raise my arms over my head from the workout yesterday. Now today, I had to swing a medicine ball over my head for 30 minutes.

I somehow got through it using an 8 lb. medicine ball. Right now I'm more sore than I ever was doing the original P90X. My legs are still sore from Agility X on Tuesday and Yoga on Wednesday. Just brutal. I'll be lucky to get out of bed tomorrow for The Warrior workout.

At least I know it's working!

Replies

• maxiefit
    maxiefit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes! This past week I used my pull up bar for the first time for The Challenge. And then was flabbergasted when I looked at the schedule and saw that CVX was next on deck! Pushing that ball up and over my heads with all the soreness from The Challenge was crazy. But I guess that's the point!
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    As sore as everyone is, CVX works different muscles (mostly shoulders) than the Challenge (Chest and Back). As with most things in life, the greatest success comes when we push ourselves further outside the comfort zone.

Mike
  • mariab76
    Options
    I thought it was just me. CVX was brutal but I didn't feel it until the next day.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    it's on the schedule for tonight.... after hearing the comments from people i have to admit i'm a little scared ;-) LOL!!! i'm excited but nervous!!!
  • zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    CVX is brutal after the challenge. Arms are sore from the challenge but picking the right weight and pushing yourself is essential. if you don't feel CVX the next day then you didn't push quite enough.
  • dustinsmith1010
    dustinsmith1010 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be a little less sore this week. I feel pretty good after Agility X today, but the real test is how my legs feel tomorrow morning when I wake up.

I really struggled on The Warrior over the weekend because of the soreness. My arms were dead, but I persevered and made it through. I had to take Sunday off to recover. If I feel better this coming weekend I might give Dynamix a spin.

So far so good on week 2.
  • zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work.