Extra/Loose Skin?

Options
Over the past year and a half, I have lost 150+ pounds. Yay me! Unfortunately, I do have quite a bit of extra skin on my inner thighs, arms, and stomach. I know there have been some really successful people on here, and I am wondering what you have done (w/o surgery) to help with the issue. I could care less about stretch marks. I've earned my stripes...I would just like the hanging skin to cinch up.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am cross posting this on the "Lap Band/Bypass" group too. :)

Replies

• shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. You should be very proud of your accomplishments. I too have lost over 100 lbs. My arms are the the ones that bother me. I hear people complaining about the stomach and legs, but I can hide those. My husband doesn't mind, he loves me regardless. He's been here through it all.

I've been going to the gym since the begining. They keep telling me to burn it from the inside. I do plently of tricep exercises, but I still have major bat wings. I've come to realize it's going to be there to remind me of what I did to myself, or where I've been. I still continue to work on the whole body, but I thing the hanging skin is there for good. And that's ok.
  • therejohn
    therejohn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've come to realize it's going to be there to remind me of what I did to myself, or where I've been.

Thank you for this thought, each and every time I grumble about my loose skin I'm going to try to recall this quote. Victoria, I know very few people who have truly resolved the loose skin issue without surgery. One of my friends swears taking collegen supplements has helped her skin tighten up. I look forward to following htis post to see what advice others have as I'm in a smililiar situaton.
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    Thank you for all of the replies. I think I'll look into the collagen supplements. Who knows, even if it helps an inch, it's an inch! :)
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've come to realize it's going to be there to remind me of what I did to myself, or where I've been. I still continue to work on the whole body, but I thing the hanging skin is there for good. And that's ok.

I try to maintain this sentiment too, nice to hear someone else has the same thinking. Although wouldn't it be nice to look good in a tank top?!?!?
  • skittles780
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. I was sleeved in September and have lost 100lbs with pre diet. I've noticed some sagging skin and have done quite a bit of research. I've heard pure coconut oil is very beneficial as a skin rub as well as ingesting coconut oil promotes weight loss and is quite good for you overall health. Also, this may be a bit extreme but derma rollers are supposed to help with stretch marks and sagging. I just bought mine and it looks like a medieval torture device! I'm about to start a regime and I will keep you posted. Keep up the great work!