Weekly Loss thread

Options
Hazard_
Hazard_ Posts: 20 Member
Just drop in hold yourself accountable and get motivated from others!

So far I am 3 weeks in and 4 pounds down. Less than my target, but I'm learning how to manage with lower calories per day in my own way.

I plan to post about every week for updates even if I didn't lose that week (And a lot of people will have stagnant periods, so don't sweat it too much!)

Replies

• Hazard_
    Options
    Reporting as my 5lbs lost turned into 1lb gained.

Sure it was the holidays and such, but I accounted for this with 3,000 calorie meals. I haven't been getting as much good sleep and I've been stressed as well and without transport for a good while (Hence much worse eating habits). HOWEVER, one of the main ideas behind the 5 weeks of caloric deficit was to determine and get some kind of idea of my real daily calories burned.

So far I've come up with two numbers:
    11/25 to 12/15 everything was gravy. 17800 deficit for - 5lbs. Which is correct! Yay math!
    11/25 to 1/3 was a 30300 deficit... for + 1lb from start. **** BIOLOGY.

I think I'm just going back on keto even though I know a large amount of factors caused this situation to come about.
  • lepahc
    lepahc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I will report weekly as well. Sorry to hear that you gained a bit, the body is weird and sometimes even with a deficit and exercise, it can gain, though the general trend should be down with proper eating.

I wonder, with eating carbs your body retains water, so maybe the gain is due to water retention? Salt also plays part in that.

Sunday 1/6/13 I lost 24lbs from 12/30/12 when I last weighed. We are doing a biggest loser competition with friends/family and do weekly weigh ins on Sundays. I don't weigh any other time during the week, so I will post after I weigh in when I have time.
  • Hazard_
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm back down 3lbs since my last weigh in. (Still +1)

I'm figuring out where to eliminate carbs once again, then will cut back on the fat once I master cooking lean meat.
  • lepahc
    Options
    Weighed in yesterday (Sunday) and lost another 9lbs. So far at 33lbs lost since 12/30/12.
  • Hazard_
    Options
    Went back on keto. It's not perfect (Still have an energy drink), but down 5lbs this week (Technically 7 after a shower, but I did previous weigh ins semi clothed).
    HAHAHA **** YOU CALORIE DEFICITS

I just kept repeating 'holy ****' and weighed myself 8 times. <3 keto.
  • JusticeSkylark
    Options
    I'll be participating weekly as well!

I'm going to join the Air Force this year, and I have to get down to 190 lbs before I meet their criteria. I last weighed in at 213, so it's not a stretch that I accomplish this by May.

Gonna use this site to diligently track everything, and gonna use a paleo/Japanese hybrid diet.
  • Hazard_
    Options
    So Paleo with some Japanese food mixed in there?
    Sounds interesting.
  • lepahc
    Options
    I am down another 8.4lbs this week. Hopefully I can keep it going. Still Primal Keto and started doing weight training.
  • Hazard_
    Options
    10lbs down from my start today. Down 3.5 this week.

Did a double check on my salad dressing and it's got a touch more sugar than I thought. Overall not bad.
  • Hazard_
    Options
    12.5 lbs down. Feeling pretty solid in keto. Crossed one of my goal weights today :)
  • lepahc
    Options
    2.2lbs down this week. 0.4lbs last week. At a total of 44.2lbs lost since the start.

Kind of disappointed at the amount of loss, but loss is a loss.
  • Hazard_
    Options
    It can be even better to average out every 2 weeks, or even monthly. Weight loss is still really funny. You can stay the same for 3 weeks, then suddenly drop like a rock.

Myself I am down at least 3lbs this week. Woo!
  • Hazard_
    Options
    Went down 2 lbs, but then ate a lot of delicious slow cooked meat. So I'm back at even!
  • Hazard_
    Options
    Past week went up 2lbs. Happens if you aren't sticking to diet. I've felt better though, so I guess that's that.
  • victoraragon12
    victoraragon12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well I started a couple weeks ago by adding exercise and limiting carbs (no breads, sweats, pasta, etc.) but my scale was dead and to tell you the truth I didn't truly want to see my weight. Past two weeks have gone good and I feel better.. But, I got a new scale today and it read 178lbs, where I figured I was originally starting. Well one of two things happened; (a) I was bigger and weighed more than I originally thought or (b) I haven't lost any weight. O well I'm not going to get discouraged and instead I'm going to kick it up a notch by truly keeping a diet log (myfitnesspal) and further restricting my diet.. Wish me luck!
  • Hazard_
    Options
    Up a pound from my last weigh in, but getting back on board for fitness stuff now :)
  • pezradar
    pezradar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm back but not really to lose weight. I think my weight is okay but I wouldn't be sad shedding about 10lbs :P

I started around 170 and I'm down to 167ish.

What I'm doing...

Eating at about a 500 calorie deficit and then adding another 1 hour of swimming (1+ miles of swimming) at a moderate pace. I do this about 6 out of 7 days a week. I then usually fall between 800-1000 calorie deficit each day with the exercise.

Guess we will see where I land. I'm loving the workout and glad I found something I love doing. Been going for 2 weeks straight and have 0 motivation to stop. I started with only 1/3 of a mile and was exhausted in an hour... and now I'm nearing 1 1/4 miles in an hour swimming in 2 weeks.

Looking forwarding to toning and leaning.. Can already see the progress a bit on my body :)
  • Hazard_
    Options
    WHO LEFT ME IN CHARGE OF THIS **** HOLE

Also I'm back on my diet plan again and am down some weight so sweet. Post your losses!
  • Jotamide
    Jotamide Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Last year I gained around 5 kgs. In order to start losing them I'll force myself to check in to MFP everyday. Hopefully y'all see me here more often. :)