90-Day Fit.&Nutr. Challenge Group: Day #7 Post

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
Hello Everyone!!!! Well, we are SEVEN days into our Challenge, and Motivation Monday (weigh-in) is almost upon us. So, let's talk about a few things before we get on the scale. (YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ON THAT SCALE EVERYDAY, HAVE YOU?) Yes, I was talking in my teacher voice. :laugh: Every successful and credible weight-loss forum advises not to get on the scale more than once a week, unless you are strong enough to not "freak out" :sad: about normal fluctuations, and take an average at the end of the week. In terms of a combination of accuracy and sanity :bigsmile: , weighing yourself once per week might be best for most of us.

Sunday has become my day to plan out my meals, set up my workout calendar (if I'm not following a Beachbody calendar) and set up my work-week! I sit down, set goals... and come up with a plan of attack!
plan_zps7ce1389f.jpg

For MOST of us... it is our REST DAY, so ENJOY, but don't get too LAZY today and sabotage all the HARD WORK you put in these past 6 days!

REST your BODY... but work on your MIND-SET and PLAN to SUCCEED in week TWO (the toughest week for people to make it through!) Revisit your GOALS for this challenge!

Let's NOT forget why we signed up for the challenge! Picture your success for the week, and you will NOT fail!

So, for TODAY
#1 - PLAN your meals for the week! Hopefully you were able to go shopping to fill your fridge and pantry with healthy whole foods. Throw out any leftover temptations! I will share an optional meal plan this week.

#2 - ***UNDER THIS POST***Post ONE thing you will do BETTER in week TWO than what you did in week ONE. and LASTLY,GIVE YOURSELF A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!! YOU JUST COMPLETED WEEK ONE!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!
f16d43c4-4d2f-4bc0-a5bd-a9264b990bf0_zpsec844d3e.jpg

Also check out this video to get motivated about Next Week. If this Weekend through you off your course it is time to get back on!
http://youtu.be/Y6hz_s2XIAU

Replies

• rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My goal is to work better on the exercise and not skimp out and make excuses. Sure I have a bummed knee, but i am not going to let that hold me back. often times i use my knee as an excuse and I need to quit. Using my knee is the best way to get back to 100% and sometimes I allow the knee to hold me back.
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    :happy: My goal is to move more at home and not just sit on the sofa. I seem to be on or off, on at the gym and off at the house. My plan is to get off the sofa at least 4 times in the eve to move my body for 5 minutes. Bathroom break don't count. That will give me 20 minutes of activity in the evenings.
    I will continue to make sure I eat 3 servings of veggies and 2 of fruit.

Good Luck y'all :happy:
  • amccord2
    Options
    Great goal! It is good to avoid excuses, but be sure that you are listening to a doctor's advice when it comes to your knee and exercise. It's a good idea to stop if you feel pain. Until you knee is all better, you can focus more on upper body like triceps, biceps, shoulders, chest, and traps. I know these are not the huge muscles, but more muscles anywhere will burn fat. I see that you will squeeze a walk in when you can. You are probably getting stronger each day. Thanks for sharing.
    My goal is to work better on the exercise and not skimp out and make excuses. Sure I have a bummed knee, but i am not going to let that hold me back. often times i use my knee as an excuse and I need to quit. Using my knee is the best way to get back to 100% and sometimes I allow the knee to hold me back.
  • amccord2
    Options
    Good luck to you too! That's a smart idea and great goal, to move more at home. We don't often add those types of calories in our diary, but I'm sure they burn calories, even if only a small amount. So, that's a plus when is comes to our day.
    :happy: My goal is to move more at home and not just sit on the sofa. I seem to be on or off, on at the gym and off at the house. My plan is to get off the sofa at least 4 times in the eve to move my body for 5 minutes. Bathroom break don't count. That will give me 20 minutes of activity in the evenings.
    I will continue to make sure I eat 3 servings of veggies and 2 of fruit.

Good Luck y'all :happy:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stick to the once a week weigh in and to eliminate junk. I feel as long as I stick to my workouts and tracking my calories I should see an improvement.
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I think you are right:wink:
    My goal is to stick to the once a week weigh in and to eliminate junk. I feel as long as I stick to my workouts and tracking my calories I should see an improvement.
  • amccord2
    Options
    I think I had a strong week 1, but I was so afraid to mess up, that I left all treats for Saturday. This week, I will not do that. I will try the 80/20 rule, and include a small indulgence about 5 times. If you are interested, here is the link to a Blog where I got this idea. DaNelle explains ways to live a very healthy lifestyle on her blog. She is also a published author:

http://www.weedemandreap.com/2013/07/the-8020-rule-what-eating-80-healthy-20-crappy-looks-like.html
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My scale is not working and it will bee the weekend before I can get a new one so todays weight my not bee accurate. I will post the weight I was before my scale died. (I had weighed Tues perviously cause thats when I started my diet and so it was my 1 week mark)
  • teemillion
    teemillion Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goal this week will be centered around balance. Amccord2, having a plan of attack is an awesome idea!
  • amccord2
    Options
    Great goal, teemillion! Balance is very important. I have experienced those total restriction periods, which have ALWAYS resulted in overeating afterwards. We can do this!!!! Remember the 80/20 rule for nutrition.
    My goal this week will be centered around balance. Amccord2, having a plan of attack is an awesome idea!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!! Excellent posts and ideas!!! My goal for this week would be to eat every 3 hours. I found last week that a couple of times I didn't eat accordingly (sometimes for situations out of my control like work schedule) and found myself eating more than I needed to. Also to carefully count/weigh in foods I am eating before I eat them. I snack a lot in the car because I am usually on the go and snacking on things like nuts can get out of control when you are driving and not paying attention. :laugh: :noway:

Have a wonderful day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi! My goal this week is to measure everything! I get a bit lax on some things but it adds up! Also to lighten up on myself... the water weight is gone so I have to remember that every week isn't going to be a big drop but it will be a gone forever drop no matter how small and to be proud of that!:glasses:
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to track every day, and plan ahead. This past week I ended up working late Friday unexpectedly, had no planned dinner, and had to help a family member Saturday and push of grocery shopping until Sunday. I didn't track, ate inconsistently with my meal plan and didn't find time to exercise. Planning is key for me! Just got off the treadmill and plan to make it to the gym three more times this week (twice at 6 am before work, and once Sat am).
  • amccord2
    Options
    Great goal for this week. Friday, I will share a meal plan, and we will discuss the importance of planning meals for the week and eating the same things for the week. I look forward to you success this week.
    My goal for this week is to track every day, and plan ahead. This past week I ended up working late Friday unexpectedly, had no planned dinner, and had to help a family member Saturday and push of grocery shopping until Sunday. I didn't track, ate inconsistently with my meal plan and didn't find time to exercise. Planning is key for me! Just got off the treadmill and plan to make it to the gym three more times this week (twice at 6 am before work, and once Sat am).
  • amccord2
    Options
    Yes, lightening up on yourself is a great idea. I like how you describe dropping those pounds and they are gone forever!!!!
    Hi! My goal this week is to measure everything! I get a bit lax on some things but it adds up! Also to lighten up on myself... the water weight is gone so I have to remember that every week isn't going to be a big drop but it will be a gone forever drop no matter how small and to be proud of that!:glasses: