Snacks

Options
I'm doing this for the first time and am really looking for some good (and simple) snacks.

I love almonds and fruit, but am really hoping for some super high protein ideas..

going to check out some turkey jerky in a bit...

Replies

• j32degrees
    j32degrees Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Turkey Jerky.... high protein and doesn't taste like my Nike's!!

kind of expensive and i'm cheap. going to try to make some now.. :bigsmile:
  • gnarlygoat
    Options
    Nuts, hard-boiled egg whites, Ezekiel bread
  • SilentBobF3
    Options
    What's the ruling on Ezekiel Bread? I think it was banned last year since it's bread. Would it be considered acceptable only during the first two weeks this time around (i.e. until the ban on bread starts)?

Thanks!
  • jdresche
    jdresche Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hit Costco's snack aisle and focus on nuts and things with less than 5 ingredients.... Cashew nut clusters, roasted macadamia nuts, roasted cashews, pistachios, Larabars, etc... Just some of the things that I eat in between meals to keep hunger pains and nutrient levels stable throughout the day. Avoids the whole afternoon "crash."
  • utkevdawg
    Options
    Ezekiel bread is fine and while it is called bread, it is actually almost a bread substitute because it is not made with processed flour.
    The cinnamon Raison bread is very tasty makes for a good egg white sandwich.
  • SilentBobF3
    Options
    Thanks Gator
  • F3sundancer
    Options
    Does cereal count as a "processed food" and is it allowed as a snack/dessert?
  • unclejwilk
    Options
    Most cereal is processed. Depends what kind. You want the cereal with ingredients like Whole Rolled Oats....no corn syrup.
  • F3_Hairband
    F3_Hairband Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No Lucky Charms for Sundancer. (or me)

Seriously, even the "healthy" cereals are not that good and some actually have more sugar than the kids cereals. Read the labels if you are going to head down that isle.
  • Senator_Tressel
    Options
    I have the same question about processed snacks. How about pretzels, granola bars (uncoated), or fruit/nut bars?