Non Scale Victories

Options
xqueenbee24x
xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
Please use this thread to detail what your current non scale victories are and how you hope to go about accomplishing them and how this challenge will help you to reach those goals. Feel free to add as much detail as you want (it will only help me to be able to create challenges that will be more meaningful to our goals.)

Replies

• melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV was that for the first time in my life I can borrow clothes from my girlfriends! Being as large as I was last year I was never able to do this:)
  • knitwithpurpose
    knitwithpurpose Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A small NSV for me was yesterday I went biking with a friend and actually enjoyed the pedaling. For the past 5 months when biking I enjoyed the company, but suffered through the pedaling, yesterday I actually enjoyed the pedaling and even felt the need for a small competition. Yeah!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,102 Member
    Options
    NVS, I use to hate to run BUT now I really enjoy to run! Sometimes it's hard for me to find the time so I'm making an effort to get morning runs in!
  • LadySuze
    LadySuze Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The NSV's I really want to work on is being more flexible. I'd like to be able to bend forward and put my hands flat on the ground. I'm going to try and accomplish this by Yoga.
    I also want to run more. I'd like to be able to run 5k and then I'd like to run it faster. As in 35 minutes for 5k.

Those are the goals I want to work on in 2014!
  • brdgt
    brdgt Posts: 20
    Options
    1. To run a half marathon.
    2. Complete a 100 push up challenge.
    3. Hike a 10,000 + peak.
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My NSV for 2014 are:

1. To run a sub 4 hour marathon in September
    2. To be able to do 5 dead hang pull ups without breaking
    3. Decrease my body fat by 5% (not sure if this is realistic)

I think this challenge will help me to stay on track so I can remain focused on my goals for the year.
  • kellimichelle05
    kellimichelle05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My NSV for this challenge include running a half marathon in April and being able to turn down my guilty pleasures without thinking twice because I don't crave them anymore thanks to my new healthy diet ;) (chicken fingers, French fries, CANDY, and my most recent addiction king cake Ice cream!!!)
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My NSV's are that I would like to be able to do a real pushup, to get in a size 10 (I'm a 14 now) and I would like to work on my arm and back strength. I have a lot of back problems due to my sciatica and sometimes it makes it difficult to exercise or even just get out of bed.
  • Jules7727
    Jules7727 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is considered a NSV...but a big goal for me is to stop eating at night. I am constantly trying to find activities to keep myself "unbored" during these winter months at night. I recently purchased rubber flooring to install in my basement - easy enough for me to do myself, and enough to keep me out of the kitchen!
  • MLL0319
    MLL0319 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    NSV-Rejoined the gym and went in today for an hour workout. It felt great to be back.
  • Reni421
    Reni421 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Be able to wear my rings comfortably again, single digit clothing sizes, be comfortable in my own skin - preferable less of it... :laugh:
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My NSV for January:
    1. Less overeating
    2. Moving more
    I will do mines on a month to month basis so I could keep focus.