Making Some Adjustments

Options
jobell2355
jobell2355 Posts: 49 Member
Only day 2 for me but I feel great. Of course I did that 6 day fat burn thing last week and it was more strict so this feels like week 2 for me...haha. I just wanted to say (in case any of you view my food diary which you are of course welcome to) that I am making some minor adjustments for me.

First, I know my body and what works for me and so this is just plain & simple what I have to do to lose weight. I am keeping the diet times as prescribed, the amount of calories, the list of what are allowable foods, and for the most part picking from the choices given.

Here is where I have to change it up just slightly. Super Shred ends up being a 40% healthy carbs with 30% each protein & healthy fats. I NEED 40% protein. I know this. So I am going to add in some healthy protein choices at every meal. For instance, one night for dinner he says you can have a cup of pasta & sauce plus 2 vegetables. Where is the protein at this meal? I'd rather have 1/2 c. Pasta and a turkey meatball or 2 depending on cal. Count.

Anyway, I just wanted you all to know in case anyone who looks or who joins the group understands my method. You may not even care....LOL!

Replies

• Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Not a bad idea. We are on W1D1 of super shred and I'm not sure how my 6'4" 300+ husband is going to survive it. Adding a little protein may be the way to go for him.
  • jobell2355
    Options
    This is just my suggestion (because he is gonna lose because men are built that way) is for him to add more veggies and a little more lean protein to each choice to fill up. Silly for a 300 lb person and a 160 lb (just as example) to be on same calorie restriction. You have to have protein and it keeps you fuller longer. You will still be eating the "allowed" foods in suggested times. He would just have a bit more. Like if you have 2 cups of veggies he has 3. I would. to eat extra grain type carbs like toast or brown rice, etc. stictly to plan. Don't eat foods not allowed on the plan. Just my suggestion. I'm sure either way you will do well but you don't want him to quit after a week because he is starving and angry!
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks, those are good ideas, I may also add a half hour to each meal/snack because it isn't working well with his schedule. Your right that he will lose though, even though he is 4 years older than me and over 50 I expect he'll drop 30 pounds or more during these 4 weeks, I am hoping to lose at least 15!
  • jobell2355
    Options
    Oops, that is supposed to be NOT eat extra grains
  • jobell2355
    Options
    You are fortunate that he is doing it with you. My husband won't but my whole family eats better when I am so hopefully he will see some of the results even without being on the plan.
  • murph1777ca
    Options
    Hi Oh2Be, and welcome! I'm so excited to see new posts in the group. I'm on W2D1, after a successful W1.

I understand your concern about your husband, and think Jobell's advice is on the money. Bulk up his intake with green veg (low-carb) and lean protein. My DH is smaller than yours but he's bummed that he doesn't get "more" food than me. Than said, he eats/drinks every one of his 'optionals' (which I don't) and I usually portion out a an extra 1/2 - 1 oz of lean protein to him at meals. (He doesn't read the book - just eats what I put in front of him.)

I do think one of the secrets to the "plan" is meal-timing (managing blood sugar spikes) though. I'm not sure how your man is going to cope with that with such long days. His energy may well flag at times, and if that's the case, perhaps a low-carb lower-cal protein shake (like Premier or Pure Protein) will be the needed pick-me-up. We're fortunate not to have those challenges.

But let's face it, a 300 lb MAN is going to drop pounds if he's eats even 2000 cals a day and moves his butt around some. It's just the metabolic math, damn their eyes ;-)