Need some help fighting Soda

Options
LuisEOJr
LuisEOJr Posts: 40 Member
I should have posted this day one on here, but my biggest issue is my soda intake.
I do not even notice it at times and I could easily down a 2 liter in an afternoon.
I do not only have MFP to check my cals and such but I also keep track on a spread sheet.
And I am already at 144% of my sugar intake for the entire MONTH (this is estimating the rest stays at par).

I try to take in natural sugars to replace the sugars, and I do not even see it happen and I go back to Soda. And when it comes to thirst, no matter how much juice or water or even a different type of soda (you know trying to wean at least a little) but if it is not specifically Coke Cola I stay thirsty craving it like crazy.

When I straight up do not take any at all (like I lock them up or just do not have any at home and make the choice not to buy any) I get massive headaches and serious negative mood swings.

Any thoughts? Any help? Any advice?

Replies

• DevoteeofIset
    DevoteeofIset Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was never raised on soda but after high school i,hit the cola like a true addict. I ended,up going from 135 to 180 and all i did was drink soda. My friends and i would laugh and open a bottle like a bottle of wine sniffing the cap talking about the year and bouquet. However soda is REALLY unhealthy for you. And diet soda is worse.

If i were you, some tips i might try....

Research how unhealthy it is and keep this info in your mind. Research NLP and conditioning to disassociate
    Ween yourself. Today 12 sodas tomorrow 11.
    Try to find a substitute even unhealthy but almost anything is healthier than soda.
    Try to drink 1 cup of water before your soda.
    Use soda as a,reward. I know that sounds bad but it can work and then you can ween completely off. I used to say if i had a xyz day i could have 1 glass. Club soda and fruit juice is a ok substitute.

Kombucha and raw milk helped me so much to detox from all drinks except water, tea, kombucha, rawmilk.
  • LuisEOJr
    Options
    I was never raised on soda but after high school i,hit the cola like a true addict. I ended,up going from 135 to 180 and all i did was drink soda. My friends and i would laugh and open a bottle like a bottle of wine sniffing the cap talking about the year and bouquet. However soda is REALLY unhealthy for you. And diet soda is worse.

If i were you, some tips i might try....

Research how unhealthy it is and keep this info in your mind. Research NLP and conditioning to disassociate
    Ween yourself. Today 12 sodas tomorrow 11.
    Try to find a substitute even unhealthy but almost anything is healthier than soda.
    Try to drink 1 cup of water before your soda.
    Use soda as a,reward. I know that sounds bad but it can work and then you can ween completely off. I used to say if i had a xyz day i could have 1 glass. Club soda and fruit juice is a ok substitute.

Kombucha and raw milk helped me so much to detox from all drinks except water, tea, kombucha, rawmilk.

I know the research, but it does not stop me from grabbing a can or cup without thinking.
    I tried weaning, and works for like a day MAYBE 2 but I go right back to over doing it on the third day.
    Still looking for a substitute that will hold my thirst like soda does.
    Hmmm, cup of water before soda. My mind will be ok knowing soda is coming anyways, so I can down the water, and might fill me up enough that it is only 1 cup instead of 4.
    Club soda and fruit juice... I actually have a juicer that I can make natural fresh juices... I will give it a shot.

Huge thanks!
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Who does most of the shopping? And do you drink any other forms of caffine? Because if you quit cold turkey then you will get bad headaches
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It really comes down to will power for a few days. I know what you mean about only coke helping with the thirst, but if you can get off for a few days (a week...) it will get better. Water will take it's place and will quench your thirst like coke did.

There's really only two options, with find a way to wean yourself off slowly or suffer through the withdrawals for a few days. Finding a way to wean us probably the better option. Can you just buy one or two (small bottles, not litres) a day, and that's all you have in the house? After awhile go down to one, then mini cans, then nothing?

Just think of the weight you'll lose just by cutting out coke!
  • LuisEOJr
    Options
    My girl and I shop together, but if I have no soda in the house, I would get bad mood swings. And instead of pissing off my girl I would just go to the gas station and buy soda, so I get stocked up again.

Yeah will power, I have that for everything except soda, but will have to try.

I do take in many other forms of caffeine, but I still get withdraw from not having Coke, even if I drink other sodas in replace just to trick my taste buds.

But I think I will have too deal with a week of headaches and have some Kava to relax and not snap at my lady. See if I can get use to not having soda that way.

Again, thank you guys so much.
  • jennegan1
    Options
    Are you sure its coke aka caffine related the moodiness? I rarely drink soda so I dont remember when I was drinking alot how I reacted... My mothers been drinking diet sodas and 95% diet soda for a long time now and shes always moody and complains. But then I think maybe it has to do with the chemicals...So maybe it has to do with the chemicals?
  • DevoteeofIset
    DevoteeofIset Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think will power and cold turkey is the best shot. Have you ever tried todo 12 step program for coca cola? But i know what it is like your addiction you can never have 1. But with enough time your cravings and taste buds will change. I heard once it takes 6 months of consistent use of vitamins for your brain to adjust to the new intake and make proper hormones etc..... and i also have a friend who works in nyc and they actually work on chemicals to make food addicting, ever wonder why a mcdonalds burger always tastes the same, food never tastes the same in the same way.... it is these chemicals. So.... i would assume it is similar with coca cola. Do you want to be a slave of the man??? Hahaha jk kinda lmao :-) i wish you luck!!! This is a hard one!!
  • LuisEOJr
    Options
    Are you sure its coke aka caffine related the moodiness? I rarely drink soda so I dont remember when I was drinking alot how I reacted... My mothers been drinking diet sodas and 95% diet soda for a long time now and shes always moody and complains. But then I think maybe it has to do with the chemicals...So maybe it has to do with the chemicals?

It is literally the only times I am in a bad mood is when I do not get Coke Cola.
    It is crazy I know, but otherwise unless someone is making my girl feel bad about anything, I am the happiest and most mellow (mood not personality, I am hyperactive) person one will ever know.
  • LuisEOJr
    Options
    I think will power and cold turkey is the best shot. Have you ever tried todo 12 step program for coca cola? But i know what it is like your addiction you can never have 1. But with enough time your cravings and taste buds will change. I heard once it takes 6 months of consistent use of vitamins for your brain to adjust to the new intake and make proper hormones etc..... and i also have a friend who works in nyc and they actually work on chemicals to make food addicting, ever wonder why a mcdonalds burger always tastes the same, food never tastes the same in the same way.... it is these chemicals. So.... i would assume it is similar with coca cola. Do you want to be a slave of the man??? Hahaha jk kinda lmao :-) i wish you luck!!! This is a hard one!!

I am changing my quote on my profile thanks to you
    "I will no longer be a slave to Coca Cola!"
  • jennegan1
    Options

It is literally the only times I am in a bad mood is when I do not get Coke Cola.
    It is crazy I know, but otherwise unless someone is making my girl feel bad about anything, I am the happiest and most mellow (mood not personality, I am hyperactive) person one will ever know.

Have you ever get checked for an chemical in balance or any other things? You mention hyperactive....that can be ADHD and I believe caffine helps hyperness
  • LuisEOJr
    Options
    Helps hyperness? As in makes it stronger or takes it away?
    I been tested for all sorts of things, medical, chemical and psychological.

I have Bradycardia, heart rate is slower than normal, an actual pain to limbs, digits and chest sometimes

Weak muscle tone in my left knee/leg, so sometimes if I go to long it hurts, but a simple knee brace fixes that

Bipolar II, so when I am happy I am really happy and when I am depressed, I am a shut in... but even though I have negative thoughts almost all the time, I have not had a depression episode in almost half a year, I like to thank my lady for keeping my spirits up, and at times causes me to become emotionally attached and affected by things I hear (that is why I am not allowed to watch the news -- doctors orders)

And finally I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia, but I have not had a serious episode of this in years because I channel all that energy into my writing of stories and my RPG table top game I created (Shantup), I do suffer from Avolition (because of schizophrenia), but like I told you before I just ask myself "why not" and when I see no reason to not try, I get up and go.

But no ADHD, lol
    I know I am a lot of stuff packed into one, but living my entire life with all these things, I have learned how to handle it, control it and channel it all into something positive.