Just started c25k!!

Options
Hello everyone! I just finished w1d2 and so far I'm feeling good! I have been working out for a few years now, but only recently decided to get serious about what I eat and the intensity/frequency of my workouts. I've discovered that getting outside of my comfort zone is where I need to be in order to reach my goals. C25K is certainly outside of my comfort zone, but I am looking forward to the journey! Any tips and motivation would certainly be appreciated - don't be afraid to send a friend request! :)

Replies

• raelorien
    raelorien Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have just completed W1D2 too! I'll send you a friend request. Looking forward to sharing this journey.
  • vturner88
    Options
    Yay, thanks for the request! Congrats on completing W1D2! :) Do you prefer to run indoors or out?
  • cherwp75
    cherwp75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I completed C25K and Bridge to 10k a couple of years ago, but I stopped running last year and gained back almost 20 of the 50 pounds I lost :( I would love to lose the 20 I gained back and then another 40 on top of that. I am starting C25K tonight and would love to support you and get your support as well :)

Good Luck!
    Cher
  • raelorien
    Options
    So far, indoors (treadmill) but I plan to add in some runs on an indoor track and outside runs as it warms up.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Go slow. Trust the program. Trust your ability. You can do this!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    It's always great to see more people discover this program. It works. As Varda says: trust the program and go slow.
  • vturner88
    Options
    That is awesome, Cher! Thanks so much for the support and I'll definitely provide as much support as I can, as well as motivation. :) Sending a request your way.

Raelorien, I did my very first run outdoors and really enjoyed myself and it helped me get my mind off of things. My second run was indoors and wasn't so bad, but certainly easier on the knees. Thanks so much for the encouragement, ladies! I'm determined to do this. Will try to keep everyone updated.
  • JroJohnson
    JroJohnson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    C25k newbie here. I'm repeating week one because I've never fancied myself a runner, and I'm getting caught up in my head and overthinking everything maybe. The morning after W1D1 I had an obnoxious pain in my heel at the achilles tendon that is still nagging me a week later. I took the advice of the numerous message boards I've read on this site and elswhere and splurged on a new pair of Nikes to run in and now my feet and ankles and knees are adjusting to my corrected gait and so there's brand new painful twinges to work through even without the running. I really REALLY don't want to end up with an injury because if I do I know I'll quit and I think that fear is hindering my progress since I've had stress fractures in my feet, plantar fasciitis, knee pain etc, and I hope to avoid those at all cost.

I run alone at night on a treadmill with no one around. I hope you ladies can be my virtual running buddies :)
  • raelorien
    Options
    I am so excited about this! You all are amazing and this is going to be a great journey!!!!
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just finished W1D1 last night and I did much better than I thought I would. I think it may be because of the app I'm using on my phone which allows me to listen to music while running. It's fantastic. I even had a bit of a runners high after words :smile: I'm happy to be on this journey. Please add me as a friend!