Looking for friends (Hoping 2014 will be the year!)

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm in th UK where hardly anyone seems to have BMF! i've had my BMF and have been slightly up and down with using it and not seeing results then getting fed up so stopping then trying again.

so i'm looking for some friends on here to keep me motivated so i don't give up for 2014. would love some other BMF users to help with the crazy amount of data we get from BMF and when to go with MFP data and when to stick with BMF as i sometimes wonder if they are contradicting each other (and so i'm not getting great losses).

let me know if i can add you on here and feel free to add me as a friend and i will try to keep you motivated too

thanks

Nic

Replies

• determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I loved my BM Core and always went according to that. Good luck reaching your goal!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I lost about 45 pounds with BMF and MFP and have kept it off for 6 months. Now on to phase II which will be another 25-ish pounds.

Feel free to add me! :) I'm in Southern California so about 9 hours difference between us, I think. Just consider me your "next day" friend!

I use a Polar HRM and that has helped me past plateuas by really tracking my workouts.
  • BarbBBQ
    BarbBBQ Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • Linasanz83
    Linasanz83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hi there anyone else please feel free to add me. I've been looking for support also and positive people to cheer each other on!
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm a BMF user for about a year now. I wear the thing religously and it works when I follow the numbers but I spent some time slacking once I lost enough I fit back into my clothes again. I'm back at it now and keeping that 1,000 calorie deficit and logging all my food here at MFP. Because it works!! I'm 3lbs down sine the beginning of the year. Intending to actually get down to my goal weight by the time its warm again.

I'm really active because I like to eat food so the more calories burned the more I can eat! But I've got Arthritis in my knee so I'm stuck doing low impact activities for longer periods of time. It's not so bad really.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • GadgetGuy72
    GadgetGuy72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am a loyal BMF user and I love it..... it makes everything I do part of my daily workout..... I try to stay active but most of what I do would not get accounted for without the BMF...... Anyhow..... Please everyone add me..... I'm always looking for more support in this...... talk to you soon. ... mike
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Something just clicked in me about 5 weeks ago, I needed to get serious about this lifestyle change. I have a BodyMedia and Fitbit. I use them both religiously and feel naked if I don't have them both with me. I understand the confusion about the amount of data the BB (BodyMedia) site provides. I've chosen to take some of the data and create mini-goals for each week. I also use the Fitbit to set a mini goal as well. I log everything I eat in MFP and sync it with BodyMedia. So far this year, I’ve released almost 6 pounds (not a ton, pun intended) however, the scale has gone in the right direction the last 5 weeks so far. Feel free to friend me and we can keep the party rocking! Cheers!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Nic,

Feel free to add me! :) I love mine. Helped me lose about 45 pounds and I kept it off for 6 months. Now working on those last 25-ish pounds.

I use a HRM to see where I am with intensity. My workouts rarely make it into the "vigorous" zone according to BM. Even when I add 630 pounds to the leg press and do a set of 10 reps--that's not enough to do it. But running on the treadmill at a 3.0 incline and speed of 5.8 or higher is. I know where my HR needs to be to get there.

BM is great for tracking calories, I need some extra help to improve my fitness level through my exercises. :)
  • SewSweets
    SewSweets Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to add ALL of you :D. I just received my BMF on Friday and love it so far. I had an older version of the BodyBugg about 3 years or so ago - didn't really stick with it. The user interface wasn't as user friendly and I didn't have any fancy phone app to keep me motivated - I find that really helps. I'm a very visual person so I like to see numbers. I check my calories burned and steps like people check their Facebook :D
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Wife and I both have 'em. Keeps me moving. Makes me want to hit some goal.
    Sometimes I realize I am so close... so I run in place, do some cardio, go for a walk...whatever.