Different Guidelines For Men

Options
As I mentioned in other posts I am very concerned about the amount of food for men especially my husband because he is a very large man. I spent yesterday afternoon searching for more information on the Shred and Super Shred plans. I found a Facebook page for both plans and there are several posts about men. They are advising men to eat 15% more calories. I don't know why that isn't in the book but thats the recommendation.

I hope that helps those of you who are struggling.

Replies

• murph1777ca
    Options
    This makes sense. There are some very real gaps in the book on a number of topics, such as how the beverage options affect the overall calorie intake; can you have your coffee any time in the day, or just in association with meals; what about herbal tea; can your veg serving be another salad; are there veg that are off-limits...

All these questions and more have occurred to me over the past week, and I've answered them trying to draw on principles from all the "healthy" diets I've followed over the year.

Has anybody else run across an inconsistency or ambiguity that they've answered in a way that works for them?
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree completely, I think in trying to write a basic plan and not overwhelm he instead left so many unanswered questions. I reread the week 1 guidelines and it did say the first cup of coffee with breakfast and the second any time during the day.

A lot of questions are answered on SS facebook page.
  • jobell2355
    jobell2355 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree totally. And I find other things odd. For instance, for one meal you can choose either a smoothies or shake not to exceed 200 calories yet the 1 cup of soup option leaves you with only 90 to 110. How are these 2 options equivalent. And again I can't restate enough, where is the protein in some of the choices? When I eat a meal (not so much with the snacks) I try to think of it I. The 40/30/30 method and some of his options don't even provide 10% protein. Like the pasta with sauce option. It comes with 2 veg but no protein. This doesn't make sense to me. The only thing I can think is maybe he is trying to appeal to those who crave the refined carbs more and is giving them that option in there. Nonetheless, I love how he breaks up the meals throughout the day and I have been sticking with that and haven't been hungry. Like I said before, I just add protein. I agree about the vegetable list because does he consider a potato a vegetable? I would never eat a white potato while doing this plan but he doesn't say you can't have one. Hmmmm. Anyway, sounds like we are all doing pretty well so far. Tomorrow is day 4 for me. Looks like it is a day of shakes & soup.....lol!