What's your go to nighttime snack/dessert?

Options
sb4480
sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
lately I need something after dinner and when I say "something" in mean something sweetish. Chocolate doesn't do it for me and I'm not a fan of the 1 minute muffin. Jello is just "meh" unless its drowned in whipped cream.

So help me out. What do you go for?

This desperate post is brought to you by AF.

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    510-113719-CrbSmrt_IceCremBrs_Almond_300x300.png

But only twice a week or so. They still have 180 calories (just low in carbs).
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    It use to be yogurt whipped with a packet of stevia, berries and chopped nuts. Or you could do whipped cream.

BTW the Atkins website has lots of dessert recipes. Sign up, it's free.
  • SwedishMel
    SwedishMel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm usually good with just a squirt of whipped cream (straight to my mouth). :) After that I have a cup of hot tea to fill up before going to bed. No time to think about desserts, and my belly is full.
  • cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    anymore mine is hard boiled eggs
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I make cookies out of PB2 and Splenda. They are very tasty. Low in calories and Low in carbs. The recipe is on PB2's web site.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    510-113719-CrbSmrt_IceCremBrs_Almond_300x300.png

But only twice a week or so. They still have 180 calories (just low in carbs).

Oh my, this was just WAY TO EVIL to post!!! Ice cream and chocolate for 6g carbs...YEAH!!!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Usually a few raw almonds or a dill pickle. LOL
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I too have started using the low carb store bought ice cream, and I am staying in ketosis and the scale is still moving downward,, but i DO pay attention to the serving size which is small,, but it tastes like HEAVEN!!!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i have also learned to enjoy a tasty sugar free jello, at least its something,, also go to george stellas web page , he has many low carb recipies,, but you hvae to make them yourself
  • jennibear22
    jennibear22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I usually have some cheese and olives.
  • djthom2
    djthom2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts or fresh raspberries and dark chocolate
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I snack on protein for the most part. If I eat something sweet, even if low carb, it leads to cravings for more. If you are specifically craving a sweet after dinner, it's probably not hunger but a learned response we have. There really is no need to eat after dinner unless you stay up into the wee hours of the morning.
  • dyladog
    dyladog Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would seem that my go to is .5 C full fat Fage (not induction compliant) with .5C sugar free jello.