Low Carb Bread

Options
mewiest
mewiest Posts: 24 Member
Oh my goodness..... I have found something amazing for low carbers who would like to have some occasional bread! Today I received my order from Low Carb Grocery which included two different kinds of low carb breads. Made by Baker's Deluxe, one is a Multigrain with seeds (net carbs 2 per slice and 60 calories) and the other is Cinnamon and Raisin by the same company (net carbs 1 and 70 calories per slice).

I had one slice of the cinnamon toasted with some butter and it was DIVINE!
For dinner, I made a grilled cheese out of the multigrain....it was more spongy compared to the toasted bread, but a very good option. The texture is different than regular bread and there is a slight sweetness to it. I am not a big sandwich fan as it is, so I do not see me making regular sandwiches out of this, it will be kept for toast or grilled cheese. I am keeping them in the freezer because I want it to be only an occasional treat but for those who have tried to find some decent tasting low carb bread, perhaps you should give this a try...they both are listed in the food list as well as other products they make.

>^.^<

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice, but be careful, there have been wrong claims with some food manufacturers, which resulted in people getting kicked out of keto or causing a stall. Like dream fields pasta. So, keep an eye on what it's doing to you. Would like to get an update from you after a few weeks to see how it went...you can bring good info to the group, whether or not it works.
  • mewiest
    Options
    I will definitely keep you posted. I had read a tonne of reviews about the bread before I bought it myself. I was trying to be very discerning because it carries a hefty price and then I had to pay for shipping......it seems like the real deal but I will be calling upon my groovy ketostix in this instance to monitor things over the next few days. But as I said, I do not want it to be a regular part of my daily meals, just more to change things up occasionally and for a treat. Shoot, I just went 8 days with eating just brie cheese and macadamia nuts for the most part doing the Fat Fast, so that toasted/buttered low carb cinnamon & raisin bread was like a banquet table to me today! lol.

>^.^<
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Yes, those products can be very pricey. Here's a link I think you will find interesting, quick low carb muffin in a minute recipes, certainly more cost effective too:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/453964-low-carb-muffin-in-a-minute
  • mewiest
    Options
    Holy crow, that definitely sounds like something to try! Thank you!

>^.^<
  • my1focus
    my1focus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I will definitely keep you posted. I had read a tonne of reviews about the bread before I bought it myself. I was trying to be very discerning because it carries a hefty price and then I had to pay for shipping......it seems like the real deal but I will be calling upon my groovy ketostix in this instance to monitor things over the next few days. But as I said, I do not want it to be a regular part of my daily meals, just more to change things up occasionally and for a treat. Shoot, I just went 8 days with eating just brie cheese and macadamia nuts for the most part doing the Fat Fast, so that toasted/buttered low carb cinnamon & raisin bread was like a banquet table to me today! lol.

>^.^<

What is a "Fat Fast"?
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    its amazing to me how the "fat fast" has been left out of the newer atkins books, its such an amazing tool!!!!,, certainly use your keto strips to see if your staying in ketosis, if not then the atkins magic is not working and you will have to count calories as well as carbs to make the scale move,, good luck
  • mewiest
    Options

>^.^<

What is a "Fat Fast"?

Oh sorry, just saw this. I am still getting the hang of where to see messages and whatnot. lol

The Atkins Fat Fast is to be used by those who are metabolically resistant. If someone is following Atkins Induction and is failing to lose weight, that is an indication that one might be metabolically resistant.

It is an extremely carb reduced, high fat diet plan that you can go on for 4 days. Over the years the food items have been added to but originally started with high fat brie and macadamia nuts, which I do in combination. Others suggest full fat mayo deviled eggs, tuna salad or cream cheese.

You eat 5 "meals" of 200 calories a day and you get into ketosis very quickly. It is basically 60 grams of 27% MF Brie or 30 grams of macadamia nuts. You are to drink water only and cut out all caffeine...however, I still drink my black coffee and it works awesome.

It jumpstarts a person into ketosis, so once you finish your 4 day run you can move right back to Induction or do Induction for a few days and try the Fat Fast again.

It is to be used with caution they say, I have done it successfully over the years and find it very useful. I am kind of freakish and can easily survive on only brie or macadamia nuts for days on end! lol

>^.^<
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I know they warn against the fat fast, but it does work. It makes Atkins seem like there are SO many foods to eat! I also use a fat fast type meal if I'm close to my daily limit of carbs...just take an ounce or two of cream cheese and there's a snack or meal!

If you're like me where you can eat the same thing over and over, eat 1/4 of a block of cream cheese every few hours and then 2 or 3 pieces of bacon at night. Easy grocery and meal planning; a thing of bacon will last 4 days and a block of cream cheese for however many days you plan to do it.

It sounds like not much food at all, and it isn't since you don't eat a lot of "real" food. Just remember its only for a few days.