First week weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow! Looks like everyone is doing awesome! Congrats to you all:smile: I am only on day 2 since I messed up and had to restart myself but I am down a pound so I am happy to still be seeing progress.I hope I will see as big of a drop as the rest of you when I reach the 1 week mark.
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow! Looks like everyone is doing awesome! Congrats to you all:smile: I am only on day 2 since I messed up and had to restart myself but I am down a pound so I am happy to still be seeing progress.I hope I will see as big of a drop as the rest of you when I reach the 1 week mark.
    Keep going! I've been trying to lose weight on and off for 4 years and I have to say this is what seems to work for me. I don't feel like I need sugar any more and that was my main aim here...to kick my sugar addiction at the same time as losing the weight. And I feel great, even after 1 week, I have more energy and my brain seems clearer somehow :)
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I have 2 full days to go, Sunday and Monday and Tuesday will be my new week.
    Even though it hasn't been a week yet, I've lost 8 pounds but I have a lot to lose. I've also been exercising, I know you're not supposed to but I'm sedentary. I'm fatigued right after I exercise but not dizzy or anything.

Congratulations on that great loss so far. I also have a lot of weight to lose and on my 5th day of induction. I'm reading Atkins book, but haven't seen anywhere where he says not to exercise. I haven't finished the book yet though. Just wondered where you heard this. I figure if I exercise , it will help with the weight loss. I'm trying to stick to 20 gr. of carbs a day, and also believe that I'm one of the more 'resistant' Atkins types, so it could be hard for me to lose. I'm also on high blood pressure pills and in his book, he says that this can be a problem for people doing Atkins in preventing them from losing.
    Luckily, I've lost about 3.5 lbs. in 5 days (probably water), but I feel better already...not so bloated.
  • tunesntea
    Options
    3.5 in 5 days is still great!

Everyone seems to write that you shouldn't exercise during induction, maybe because some people get sick during it, idk.
  • tunesntea
    Options
    I guess I don't know how to quote yet.
  • tunesntea
    Options
    I have 2 full days to go, Sunday and Monday and Tuesday will be my new week.
    Even though it hasn't been a week yet, I've lost 8 pounds but I have a lot to lose. I've also been exercising, I know you're not supposed to but I'm sedentary. I'm fatigued right after I exercise but not dizzy or anything.

Congratulations on that great loss so far. I also have a lot of weight to lose and on my 5th day of induction. I'm reading Atkins book, but haven't seen anywhere where he says not to exercise. I haven't finished the book yet though. Just wondered where you heard this. I figure if I exercise , it will help with the weight loss. I'm trying to stick to 20 gr. of carbs a day, and also believe that I'm one of the more 'resistant' Atkins types, so it could be hard for me to lose. I'm also on high blood pressure pills and in his book, he says that this can be a problem for people doing Atkins in preventing them from losing.
    Luckily, I've lost about 3.5 lbs. in 5 days (probably water), but I feel better already...not so bloated.

3.5 in 5 days is still great!

Everyone seems to write that you shouldn't exercise during induction, maybe because some people get sick during it, idk.

p.s. Now I know how to quote. It's the word that says "quote". ; /
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    Tunesentea:
    I guess maybe some people get light headed or something when they change their usual diet and maybe you have to be careful when you add exercise to the mix..
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Monday marked my one week on the 21 day sugar detox & I am down 4 pounds. :smile:
  • misselliott
    misselliott Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any in the first week but day 8 and I'm starting to get dizzy and scales are down a little. Ive read that getting dizzy means your body is switching to fat for fuel so fingers crossed its all good from here! Good luck.
  • lisajacobsen1428
    Options
    I have one more day to go for my first week and I'm down 5.4lbs as of yesterday (trying not to weigh in more than ever second day)

I have heard of what they call the Atkins 'Flu', meaning the first week or so you are feeling kind of crappy (without the crap!) and can feel really tired, etc. I was feeling off for a couple of days, but am starting to get the energy back.

There is a comment on pg 116 'the New Atkins made easy' about not excercising the first week or two. I know I read somewhere else in the book about waiting til your energy level is feeling normal or better before taking on excercise if you aren't one that does much physically. Just can't remember where I saw it (lots to take in the first week!)

Good Luck everyone
    ''
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    week 1 induction for me usually results in around 12 pounds
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    That DIZZY feeling you get is when your body is switching from using Carbs/ sugars as fuel and your switching over to using fats/ketones as your main fuel,, when you are on the other side of the switch you will feel FANTASTIC!!,, and the scale will start rocking downward,, its during this "dizzy" stage that some people have ran to the doctors feeling "badly" and its then that the doctors and the news will say "atkins isnt safe",, when they just dont understand what is happening
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    Today is the end of my first week on induction (20 grams of carbs ). I've lost 4.2 lbs. I'm happy with it and hope that next week I can do the same. I've constantly been in ketosis. In the book, Atkins says that women lose an average of 6 lbs. in the first 2 weeks of induction, and men lose 10 lbs. Why am I not surprised!
  • mewiest
    mewiest Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Today is January 16 and I have lost 16.2 pounds in 16 days. I just realized that and man alive, that makes me happy!!!

Some days I just lose a fraction of a pound and some a little more than 1.....only a couple of days did I go up a fraction or stay static. You have to be in this for the long haul and you will see results.

*doing the happy dance*

>^.^<
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    Today is January 16 and I have lost 16.2 pounds in 16 days. I just realized that and man alive, that makes me happy!!!

Some days I just lose a fraction of a pound and some a little more than 1.....only a couple of days did I go up a fraction or stay static. You have to be in this for the long haul and you will see results.

*doing the happy dance*

>^.^<

Wow! You are amazing! You are doing something very right. I hope I can be as successful as I stick with it.
  • lisajacobsen1428
    Options
    Did my week one weigh in and have lost 7lbs the first week... I am really excited about that !
  • tunesntea
    Options
    Did my week one weigh in and have lost 7lbs the first week... I am really excited about that !

Congratulations!