Pins and Needles ?

Options
globegirl08
globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
Hi Guys,

I have been off work since the start of my attack and will be for another week. I have noticed today that I keep getting feelings of pins and needles/ numbness to my arms and sometimes legs. It's to everyday but certainly a increase of occurrence in the past few days I would say.

Having done the Dukan before, this is something quite new for me. I admittedly have spent a few lazy days indoors (away from the weather) so maybe my general lack of movement has something to do with it. It usually goes away quite quickly however, I am curious if either of you have had the same ?

Replies

• blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Never had pins and needles. Sounds like a circulation problem or issue, or it could be that your body is on survival mode so it stops feeding blood to the capillaries. I have had numbness, but never pins and needles.
    Maybe try to space out your (dukan) meals more often to keep blood sugar stable, move enough, drink enough water. I know that Dr. Dukan says drinking cold water helps you lose more weight because it uses energy, but for example they teach you in ski class that if you are caught in an avalanche and are thirsty, to NEVER eat snow because your body uses up so much energy to heat up the water that you end up dying. During attack phase I have warm drinks anyhow, otherwise my body seems to freak out to much and it could be counterproductive.
  • globegirl08
    Options
    Makes sense.....note to self: move more ;)
  • vaidajurgaityte
    vaidajurgaityte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Globegirl, I had the same last time, in July I think. I had that 'pins' and 'needles' sensation followed by cramps on my legs.
    I started taking magnesium, and that helped straight away, the next day I didn´t have any of this. I keep drinking magnesium over the summer, when I sweat a lot, and now, when I am dukaning, I am taking magnesium + potassium dissoluble tablets every day. Never had that problem again!
  • vaidajurgaityte
    vaidajurgaityte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Also, Dr. Dukan recommends taking additional magnesium, potassium, calcium and vitamin B6 for a better absorption. But I take so much of diary products, that I think I am good for calcium lol
  • globegirl08
    Options
    Thanks so much.....finally someone who has experienced the same thing previously. Going to grab those vits and minerals tomorrow .