Wanting to learn more.

Options
embaudin
embaudin Posts: 45 Member
Have so far been doing well with my weight loss so far, but am concerned about 'slacking off' once I've reached my goal. I fully intend to use the 'maintain weight' option you can use this site for once I've reached my goal, but also wanting to start developing habits that I won't have to be constantly 'aware' of when I'm maintaining the weight.

Did some research into the Dukan Diet and loved the stages it goes through. Before I start though I was wanting to know what sort of experience people have had with it? Has it been productive for you? How much of a struggle was it to adapt to in the beginning? Did it begin to get easier as you progressed to the next stage?

Hope you can help! Thanks guys! xxxx

Replies

• globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

There are lots of posts from individuals who have experienced different stages of the diet and their results etc, I am a Dukan returnee and can honestly say it has worked for me even with adaptations.........you just have to really understand the principles, what works for you and most importantly.......which of the rules you can make a natural habit.

I would suggest reading several of the more popular threads like 'whose cruising with me?' , you will find first hand experiences, questions etc on there.

Good luck with your journey, whichever path you take :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I went thru all 4 phases in 2012 with the Dukan on line coach... I followed it with a couple of exceptions --
    1) I counted calories - I used Lose it the first six months and then my in real life friends switched me over to MFP
    2) When I got to the third and 4th stages, I didn't add back bread or pasta or potatoes or rice. I added an apple or banana.

when I hit "consolidation" I lost 11 more pounds without trying. I now tend to hover around 128.. I am losing a bit more to lean out so I can build muscle.

I found the diet very satisfying and totally changed my outlook on food. ...oh, by the way, I am 5'8" and 55 years old. I still do a pp day once a week or as often as it feels right.
  • blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I did the Dukan diet year before last to get me going initially, combined it with weight lifting. Since I am a meat and salad lover, the diet perfectly suits me. My "consolidation" phase was a little different though and adapted to my weight training. Last year I wasn't very "faithful" to my diet in general, allowing for exceptions that turned into the rule.
    I'm rebooting now and finding it very easy. However, once I reach my goal weight, if I continue my weight training I will follow a more "primal" form of eating, no processed foods, etc.
    My personal opinion is that the Dukan diet is fine as a diet, but his advocating sweetners and products like fat-free joghurts, etc are note healthy for maintaining. Especially if you are exercising regularly.