Options
Frmvt
Frmvt Posts: 15 Member
Hi everyone. I am new to MFP and am SO happy to find a ladies 50+ group. Pre-menopause has blessed me with 30lbs to lose and I am looking forward to finding a healthy lifestyle to help me do it. I am a stay at home mom who home schools three kids in Sunny. Florida. Looking forward to making some new friends.

Replies

• laughingladyb
    laughingladyb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am new too. Just found this website and joined last night. I am hoping for support and encouragement!

I was a stay at home mom for 19 years and loved it. I did homeschool my oldest for several years but life got too complicated. I have many friends who homeschool. I am now working full time at an elementary school as an office/educational aide. I love being around kids so fulfilling a dream of my own childhood! LOL

Belinda
  • RobinCT821
    RobinCT821 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you!

Do you have any plans on how you are going to get started on your weight loss journey?
  • Frmvt
    Options
    Well, mostly just by diet and exercise. I have found already that logging my daily food makes me rethink mindless snacking, and I love the sense of accomplishment I get when I log my exercise.
  • Forevergreatful
    Options
    Yes menopause s not fun!! Been there and gained weight too!! You must be a very busy mom!! Good for you for wanting to take care of you!! I like writing everything down...it really makes you see what you are eating. Drink lots of water always helps. Good Luck!!
  • ptodd
    ptodd Posts: 1
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Although I downloaded MFP quite some time ago, I am just beginning. I am almost 53 and have gained almost 20 pounds in the last year. I need to lose 30 pounds and not sure where to begin. Today, I logged my food from yesterday and realized how bad I eat. I think by keeping up with exactly what I eat will have to make me realize I need to make better choices.... And yes that whipped cream in my coffee and bleu cheese pecan salad didn't help. I haven't exercised in quite some time. I am getting over the flu so although I can't start much in the exercise department today, I can begin to learn and change my eating habits and ease some exercise in as I get better. Better to start late than never!
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Frmvt, laughingladyb, and ptodd! I've found this site and particularly the women I've met in this group to be great support and encouragement. Feel free to add me as a friend...I don't check the group forums as much but I look at my home feed often so it's easier to keep caught up there.
    Ruth
  • iwillsee145
    iwillsee145 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been using MFP for about two weeks. I have Type II Diabetes. After a doctor's appointment in December where I'd gained 8 more lbs and my A1c was 7.3, I know I have to get a grip on this. I'm doing well so far. In order to avoid giving up again, I decided that I would email a few friends and start my own weight loss/exercise support group. Everyone I emailed was eager to join and there will be 11 in our group. Our first meeting is Friday night and I'm excited. I'll let you know how it goes because I'm hoping it will be beneficial for all of us. I need accountability in all areas.

Have any of you started a group like this?
  • redladee1
    redladee1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a currently unemployed homemaker and recent adult college grad from Long Island. For the past 10 years, I've been a stay at home mom and helped my husband with his businesses while going back to earn my BS. Also a struggling writer and crafter, I spend most of my time sitting which contributed to my now huge butt and flabby thighs. Yes, I'll admit it! I despise looking in the mirror but that's all about to change. I'm committed to following my MFP goals, eliminating processed foods, exercising each day and trying to keep positive. I'm also looking for paid employment, so I've got some major work ahead. I'm happy to be a part of this group. I think it will help me stay focused on my goals while we support one another :happy:
  • Frmvt
    Options
    Welcome. Good for you for taking the first step. Glad to have you with us. You can add me as your friend if you like.
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi! Losing weight is tough and doesn't get easier with the menopause!!! I'm always battling weight so feel free to add as a friend if you wish. There are some lovely supportive people here.
    Good luck.