Laugh of the day Jo vs. The Scale

Options
jobell2355
jobell2355 Posts: 49 Member
So....the Hubs locked the scale away for me. I appreciate him being supportive of me in that regard. Well yesterday I had a Dr. Appointment & on the way there I thought "if they weigh me I will look away or close my eyes" because I was determined to stick to the one week rule. I get to my appointment and they didn't weigh me. I was disappointed. Funny thing is I'm not sure if I was disappointed because I wanted to cheat & look or because I wanted to see if I "passed this test". I know I'm obsessed. I recognize this. So today I went to visit a friend and I had to take a pee (I know I'm oversharing). There in the bathroom was a scale....dum dum dum! But I was strong & didn't get on it. It's crazy how I rationalized it to myself by thinking, "you've never weighed on this scale. It could weigh you heavier and then you'll be sad." I went back to the bathroom but steered clear of that nasty scale. Super proud of myself but COME ON SUNDAY!

Replies

• Sillygirl50703
    Sillygirl50703 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good job lol!
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So funny, Dr Ian says that weight loss is 20% food and exercise and 80% mental conditioning (or something like that) LOL Anyway, I think staying off the scale is part of that. I myself have failed that rule every day this week! Congrats to you for sticking to it, I'll make sure I check in on Sunday to see how you did.