Group

Options
2»

Replies

• Grammywilk
    Grammywilk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, thought I'd check in…I'd never heard of the skin pain. I'm so sorry for those who are dealing with it. I was surprised to see others that had been found low in vit D. I finished a 6 week intense intake of it, now taking lower dose daily. I go next week to have it tested again.
    I had a victory!! I broke through the wall & have gone to do gentle water workouts at th Y!! I love the water & am so happy to have overcome that hurdle!
    Gentle hugs to all!
    Bev:wink:
  • danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oo I can relate to the sciatica pain. Its terrible isn't it. Was both my legs for a while but now just the left. To make it worse I rolled my left ankle out while running and tripping over something invisable lol. I'm not too happy with my left leg.

There have been constant thunderstorms and rain over here so my whole body is paying for it. Its too bad cuz I love a good thunderstorm.

Hope everyone is getting some relief today.

Oo also I found that pigeon pose in yoga is an amazing stretch for sciatica!
  • shreck05
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone!! How is everyone doing or coping? My husband and I decided to enroll my 8 yo in cyber school this year so puts a lot of stress on me. I quit my job because I wasn't coping or couldn't keep up and now I have to help my son with school as he is too young to do it himself, he needs a parent/teacher. After that being said my pain goes up and down. Then add the cold weather here in PA. The benefit I get out of help schooling him is the knowledge that I forgot over the years. lol This is the reason for not checking in often like I did before which I miss.

I hope everyone responds and is doing well.

Your Fitness/Fibro Friend,
    Dena
  • mumnpets
    mumnpets Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Dena,
    Happy New Year. So sorry you had to give up your job but i know how you feel,i've had to cut my hours from a full week to just a few hrs. Im lucky i can do this as i work for my sister.I hope 2014 will be a better year for your pain it can be very frustrating when it goes through a bad patch especially when it happens often. Winter is always a bad time for me especially as the temperature plumits but we are having it quite mild in the UK nothing like the cold you are having. Hope everything goes well with your son,s schooling.
    Marie.
  • shreck05
    Options
    Hi Marie
    That's great you can continue to work for your sister. A mild winter would be nice too. Right now in the Northeast U.S. the weather is up and down. One day it is below freezing temps then the next it is in the 50's. The low pressure makes my body ache as well. I'm trying to manage as best as I can. Although my weight loss is definitely going in the right direction for me but slowly.

Wishing you a great 2014! :drinker:

Dena
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone.
    I've been seeing a neurologist for fibromyalgia and he believes in supplements. I don't see much difference in these last three months. Dang. A friend of mine had great results so I'm disappointed. I will never give up!
    I finally got insurance, which has been a tremendous help.
    I haven't been walking at all because of foot pain, which means I gave up watching my calories, too. So, I'm struggling to just get through one day of watching what I eat.
    I can't keep off the sugar, it is my addiction. So, now I need to go forth and treat it like one.
    One day at a time.
    I haven't been on mfp for a long time, but here I am back again and when I see my old friends still here it gives me hope. I gave up for a while, but I promise I will at least log in to the website once a day.
    Eileen