Carb Cyclying

Options
Hi All, just joined this group.

Has anyone tried carb cycling to gain muscle? I found it very beneficial when leaning out, but wondering if the opposite can be done to get big and remain lean.

Thanks!!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it, but I doubt it.
  • JeremyBenn
    Options
    Hi All, just joined this group.

Has anyone tried carb cycling to gain muscle? I found it very beneficial when leaning out, but wondering if the opposite can be done to get big and remain lean.

Thanks!!

yes i use it, 6'2 250 lbs and around 10% bf it works.
  • FitnessRXusaAnna
    FitnessRXusaAnna Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If someone tells you it is impossible to lose fat and gain muscle they are full of crap. It is possible and not only possible it is preferable. Slower some may say. However do you want to get in shape for 2 years then just say f it and get fat...... Im guessing not since you're on this site........
  • Frstmnjack1
    Frstmnjack1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've done it a bit, basically on accident though. I would eat my calorie defecit all week (around 1800 net) and one day a week I would have my "cheat day". So, being that I am about a 1000 calorie defecit/ day, I would just eat my maintenance calories (~3,000) for that one day.

Thing is, it usually ended up being all carbs! I was CRAVING them by the 7th day, and i "re-fed" my body.
    It was pretty successful. Gave me something to look forward to. (Progress is profile pic from last year in March ~6% bodyfat)