Chinese Food Lunch - Help!!

Options
Help! I'm going out to lunch - Chinese - with a client today. She is from China, so this was her choice. I really don't want to eat just vegetables, and I'm feeling lost as to options. Does anyone have tips for staying on track with chinese food?

Replies

• jarbatz
    jarbatz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    OK deep breaths! :) Egg drop soup is really low in calories. And then I would get a chicken and broccoli or chicken with veggie stir fry and eat half of it. Also get brown rice if they serve it. Shrimp and veggie would also be low cal.
  • eleeseeC
    eleeseeC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good advice from Liz. Maybe even skip the rice all together. And watch your portion size.
  • nisems
    nisems Posts: 9
    Options
    Good ideas - thanks ladies. I checked the menu and I think I will go with a chicken or shrimp dish (spicy burns calories right?!?), and ask if they'll sub veggies for the rice. If I'm feeling very strong, I'll ask for a to go box at the beginning of the meal and pack half away. but I don't want to look like a freak in front of my client. haha!
  • nisems
    nisems Posts: 9
    Options
    so my plan was a bust. but I think I still did ok. My client is from China, so she ordered us a bunch of different things from the "special chinese menu". Luckily, the stuff she got was good, very fresh, lots of veggies, not greasy at all, so I tried to sample everyhing, but stick with very small portions. off to try to figure out a calorie count.
  • jarbatz
    jarbatz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job Denise - honestly I think you did great. This is life and how many times do you get to sample authentic chinese with someone FROM CHINA?? Moderation is the key and I bet your calories isn't quite as high as you thought it might be.