Cardio Day! and Breakfast question

Options
I'm a little behind- just completed Day 3. I dusted off my old Billy Black Tae Bo video and did it!. When I logged it mfp calculated 500+ calories burned -Woowie! I'm looking forward to the time change so that I can start running outside again.

So what are you eating for breakfast? I usually eat a bigger breakfast but I'm getting a little bored of hot cereal (oatmeal, zoom...

Replies

• ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yay for starting the challenge:D

Lately I haven't been too hungry in the mornings, so I normally eat an egg on half a slice of toast with some ketchup. But, normally I would make a big breakfast. My favorite things to eat are protein pancakes, sometimes I would make "cream cheese" stuffed protein pancakes. They are DELICIOUS. Just make some protein pancakes then for the stuffing I mix equal amounts of cottage cheese with greek yogurt, some stevia or other sweetener(honey and maple syrup work great too) and then whatever flavor you want. Strawberry jam with strawberries, chocolate chips, banana, peanut butter... etc.
    I also like making "pop tarts" with a tortilla and then use the cream cheese filling above and add protein powder, when you fold it in a square and throw it in a pan it really looks like a pop tart. Then for the top I mix greek yogurt with cinnamon and maple syrup and it makes a healthy frosting. They are both very low in cals and high in protein and sooooo delicious. You can also use the frosting for the pancakes. Or just an egg scramble with cottage cheese! :)
  • amywinkel32
    amywinkel32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    those both sound pretty awesome! I'll have to try them. Today I made frog-in-a-hole. (two eggs, one ww toast and a sprinkle of cheese) with a grapefruit.
    Day 4 +5 done!
  • MartaAnna84
    MartaAnna84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions. Usually its just oatmeal with some fruit or a protein shake with almond milk, fruit and spinach in the mornings. Sometimes I"ll put in a touch of raw cocoa in my shakes to give it a chocolatey flavor.
    Skinnytaste.come has lots of suggestions for breakfast and I've always meant to try overnight oats in a mason jar...