NSV (Non-Scale Victories)

Options
Just thought we could have a thread where we could share our NSV. I have three so far!

I've exercised 5 days in a row.
I've maintained my weight.
I fit into a dress I haven't been able to wear in a few months and I looked good in it.

Replies

• gfthomas2141
    gfthomas2141 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've exercised 7 days in a row.
    I went one day without dessert/sweets.
    I am drinking at least 10 cups of water per day.
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Massively changed body shape
    Gone from struggling to do 4km in 20 minutes on the stationary bike to doing 8.7km in 30 minutes.
    Increased my water intake to 7-8 glasses (1.75 - 2L) a day
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    These are all very good ladies!!!

For me, I've driven right past my usual morning stop, Dunkin Donuts, everyday since this challenge. This is a HUGE victory for me!!!!!
  • emilynbanks
    Options
    That's awesome for all of you, and I'd die if I had to drive past a Starbucks, my coffee staple, every day without stopping. I'm saving a Starbucks coffee for every time I lose 10 lbs. :)
  • amandastephens9003
    amandastephens9003 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    almost 2 days soda free!
  • JoyLaine
    JoyLaine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It just dawned on me that I drove straight home from Trader Joe's without making my usual detour: Dairy Queen! I can't remember the last time I didn't drive through for a medium-sized vanilla cone.
  • chickidee87
    chickidee87 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No soda in a week
    I can walk in heels again, my legs haven't been this strong in awhile!
    Healthy snacking and staying under calories since I started MFP!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Jogged up the stairs to fourth floor today and heart rate only elevated a little and I wasn't out of breath...
    Have to push it a lot harder on elliptical now to get the same calorie burn..
    Shirts that were tight at the bottom (but I hadn't bought new because I refused to buy XXL) are starting to fit looser..
  • kblount10
    Options
    I haven't had an energy drink or creamer since we started this challenge. A HUGE DEAL!
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I wore a pair of pants to work this week (which technically are maternity pants) that I "grew" out of. So eventhough they are still not regular pants, it's still a victory.

I've declined 3 occasions this week to drink/have cocktails. (I am limiting my drinking to once a week.)
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    Options
    I am so proud of everyone!!! What amazing NSV's we've had this week!!

Last night, my parents were drinking whiskey and coke and eating m&m's (OMG, all my favourites in one place) and I chose to have a diet cordial and go get my protein snacks instead. Also, in a random dreamy psychological-ly win, I got myself a bowl of icecream in my dream and then chucked it in the bin, saying "No, no, no. No."
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    I am so proud of everyone!!! What amazing NSV's we've had this week!!

Last night, my parents were drinking whiskey and coke and eating m&m's (OMG, all my favourites in one place) and I chose to have a diet cordial and go get my protein snacks instead. Also, in a random dreamy psychological-ly win, I got myself a bowl of icecream in my dream and then chucked it in the bin, saying "No, no, no. No."

LOL you're so awesome I swear!!!
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great stuff this week, folks! Mods - maybe this would be a good thread to make a "sticky" one, so it stays up at the top? I think the more NSVs we post, the more everyone will recognize the various ways they are improving their health and fitness and stay more motivated.
  • emilynbanks
    Options
    I put on an old XXL shirt today because I was sick. Normally it's just a little big since I'm an XL, but it felt much looser. Put a smile on my face.
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    Options
    A week ago, I did 8km in 30 mins on a stationary bike and wobbled around, gasping for air and moaning, for about an hour afterwards. Last night, I got on the bike (after already attempting a pilates workout and taking the dogs for a run) and easily did the same and felt fine! That was a nice realisation.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I worked out for 90 mins.
    I ate healthy even when eating out.
    I passed by starbucks.
    I don't know anymore, haha
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    Options
    Great stuff this week, folks! Mods - maybe this would be a good thread to make a "sticky" one, so it stays up at the top? I think the more NSVs we post, the more everyone will recognize the various ways they are improving their health and fitness and stay more motivated.

Done, honey.
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    I worked out for 90 mins.
    I ate healthy even when eating out.
    I passed by starbucks.
    I don't know anymore, haha

these are all great Tara!
  • boulevardMto180
    Options

what a great idea!
  • emilynbanks
    Options
    I have a pair of bicycle shorts that were on my checklist of able to wear when I'm skinny..... Tried them on this morning and they slid on for the first time. They're still not where I can tie them, which would be great, but I'm still really excited because even if I haven't lost weight when I weigh in, I'm making progress!!!