Welcome!

Options
Its great to see so many sexy 40+ people! Please feel free to introduce yourself and your fitness/weight loss goals.

My name is Teresa and I am the moderator. If your are interested in moderating, just inbox me. I have another birthday looming making me mathematically 42. But dang, I still feel like I'm 22. I am here to meet amazing people who want to lose some weight. I love to help motivate my friends and keep them accountable to the goal their goals and love for people to keep me accountable to mine. Again Welcome to "40 is the New 20!"

Replies

• mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Hello All
    I am Vin From Australia, An team leader fire rescue fire fighter for the aussie outback mines. with my role/job i need to try and stay in shape... its an long haul but i will get there one day
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this group! Looking forward to getting to know you all and enjoy the journey.
  • itismedrz
    itismedrz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Losing fat and gaining muscle is my goal. I monitor macros closely and measure body fat and use the mirror to measure progress. Not a lover of the scale. Interested in sharing recipes and workout stories with others committed to transforming their bodies. I am especially interested in how heavy lifters control joint and tendon damage/pain as they age. I welcome messages and will reply. Dr. Z
  • Frittycat
    Frittycat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'd like to meet more MFP friends 40 and over. I am 42 and trying to lose the 20 pounds/around 8 kilos that I gained over the past few years. I enjoy running, pilates, and weights.
  • stacie48
    stacie48 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi am am 43 will be 44 in August...still okay to join? I have lost my way and have lots to lost need modivation and to stick to it.

Stacie
  • johnnybowman1
    johnnybowman1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47 and I've been a serious MFP user for a year now. My journey has been mainly around fitness goals. I'm working towards an off road trail half marathon in June and also a sprint triathlon. Good to see so many people motivated to improve their health and fitness!
  • evamclaughlin9
    evamclaughlin9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have gone up and down the scale for many years and are hoping this time to take it off for good.
  • mochacream74
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Margaret.. I'm turning 40 in 2 weeks, but Lord knows I feel like I'm still 21.. Although turning 40 is suppose to be an exciting milestone, it upsets me that I'm still struggling with my weight lost.. In 2012 I was went a mission to lose weight I was 183lbs and by Jan 2013 I had lost 48lbs, but once I lost the weight I stopped going to the gym, I stoarted drinking soda & juices again, and the worse was I started to eat whatever I saw regardless of it's nutrution. health.

So now I'm sitting here 32lbs heavier wondering why I allowed myself to gain this unhealthy weight back... Hoping to find some healthy ideas on how I can get back on track..
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Brigett and I am 48, I turn 49 in March. I am a mother of two grown girls and I have one 3 year old grandson

I am so glad to find this group! I am more concerned about gaining muscle but I feel like I do have some pounds to lose. When I was 20 I was underweight I am sure, I never weighed myself, I never dieted, never worked out. I was just naturally tall and skinny.

Over the years the weight crept on and now I am on a mission to loss weight and build muscle. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week. I usually do 30 mins of cardio then hit the weights for at least another 30. I just stopped eating my exercise calories back as I have hit a wall...I feel like I have to work hard to get some of the body I use to have. I know I will never be 123 pounds again and I think it would make me look like an old lady. My goal 150, lower my body fat and lower my bmr. I am still considered normal as far as my current stats go but I would lover to be on the lower end of that...

Feel free to add me. I am a great support, I am on here everyday and log everyday.
  • pjsipe
    pjsipe Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! My name is Paul, I am 46 father of 3 great children ranging from 9 to 5. I have done weightloss programs before, nutrisystem, BFL etc. I usually do them for a couple months, have great success, then go back to the "fat and happy" plan. The problem is I keep topping out higher on the scale. I hit my lifetime highest weight between Thanksgiving and Christmas at 323, and said enough already. 2014 is the year I dedicate to finding out where I am in this shell and breaking myself out. I have a 1 year goal to drop 100 lb.s

I an not at present on the sexy side, but still feel I can fit into this group because I am 46, physically 64, and mentally 18.

Looking forward to discussing challenges and successes with all of you. Happy hump day!
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What an amazing looking group of 20, I mean 40 year old people!
  • amaybee13
    amaybee13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Angela Maybee. I'm only 38 but what the heck close enough. I am a mother of 4 amazing kiddos 18, 16, 15, & 13. I work as a special education teacher and also do the book work for my husbands 3 businesses. I love to challenge myself with crazy workouts :)

I look forward to getting to know everyone!
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey there people!

My name is Brenda, I live in Alaska and I'm 45.

I'm not sure I want to be in my 20s again because I'm rocking this whole 40s thing!

I'm THIS close to my first major goal of 175 and am anxious to cross that milestone off my list. My ultimate goal is to be around 150 and be able to do 50 pushups without stopping and at least 1 pull up!!!

I am on MFP every day and like to interact with my friends. My philosophy is calorie in vs calorie out and I try to have ice cream 4-5 times a week. So if you are looking for a buddy, send me an invite.
  • amy_letsgo
    amy_letsgo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Amy. I am 39......soon to be the big 4-0 next month. I am a single mother of 1 great son who is 19. I am determined to be fit and forty in 2014!!

Happy to be apart of this group......i certainly do not feel or act 40! :)

***feel free to add me as a friend!! The more the merrier!
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! My name is Laura, I am 43 and mom of 2 girls, 5 and 9. So far I have lost 37 lbs out of my 80 lb goal, almost half way there! I work full time, commute 1 hr plus to work every day. A lot on my plate but working on getting healthy, feeling good now with the 37 lbs gone!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I am Claudette from Cape Cod, MA. I have been heavy most of my adult life except when I lost all my weight 4 years ago. But I guess I wsn't ready to lose/keep it off as I am here again. I have about 30-35 pounds to lose and with the help of this group and my diet, Ideal Protein I will get this weight off once and for all.

Thanks for creating this group!!

Cheers
    Claudette
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I just turned 43 and making another go at losing the weight that I've slowly accumulated through the years. I'm at 105 kilo now (about 230 lbs) and would like to get down to 80-85 kilos (175-185) Wow, so that's a loss of 20 kilo's / 45lbs. I'm 6ft and have a bmi of 31.

But more importantly I want to get healthier and stronger. I started running about a year ago and try to do that 3 times a week. It's off again on again, but this morning I ran 2.5 km. I also lift weights now and again but need to make it part of my routine. And I walk every day as I have to fur kids.

Oh I'm a occupational therapist and work with teens and adults with multiple disabilities. I live in the Netherlands.
  • wenditos
    wenditos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Morning!

I am 40 and I am ok with that. I am not ok with the weight I have gained in the last 6 years. I WANT to loose it this year. About 30 pounds. I have a daughter turning 3 next weekend. I want to be around and active with her. So she is one of my biggest motivators aside from, well let's be honest...my own vanity. We recently moved from Southern California (hometown) to the mississippi gulf coast. It's a VERY small town and bobe of the gyms have daycare so on the days I don't want to drive the 40min to drop her off I try to find non gym ways to workout with her. And honestly working out at home lacks something for me and so my motivation wanders.

I am being more public on here in hopes that helps keep me focused and I like to be competitive so I like the challenges people come up with.
  • BigSnicka
    BigSnicka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Alonzo and I turned 42 on the 4th! That day I weighed in at the lowest weight I've been since my 20's.....woohoo!!! Let's do this!!!
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm Kim and I turned 42 this month. I have three kids, ages 16, 14 and 4. I never got back in shape after that late-30s baby. In fact, I gained even more. Lots more.

I'm ready to turn this around and get back into my good jeans!