Recipes! Or what is on your meniu today.

Options
I thought sometimes we might run out of ideas for cooking - so why don´t we share what is on our table today? Me, personally, I don´t mind eating plain chicken breast on PP days, but I also love trying new recipes from time to time. There are many recipes online, but when I find one, try it and see that it´s really good, I want to share it with others! You know, that excitement, especially when you find something which is protein rich, tasty and doesn´t really remind those sad flavours of diet dishes!

Replies

• blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been making sort of egg soufflés in the microwave. Sounds a bit crazy, but it tastes nice. I mix my oat bran with 2 eggs and 2 eggwhites, add either fat-free joghurt, or fat-free cream cheese or quark, and then depending on whether its a PP or PV day I mix in either some ham or broccoli, shrimps or whatever.
    Nuke it until it's fluffy and voilá!
    And I discovered tuna patties, which I make in my little waffle-iron/grill. I mix tuna with some oat bran, eggs and then maybe some minced onions, garlic, parsley. Make little balls, toss into grill. finished. I make a batch of them for the rest of the week.
    Since plain fish is too boring for me, I make a Tom Yum "soup" with just the paste and water, and throw in fish and shrimps.
    When I'm in a real hurry I mix fat-free cottage cheese with tuna, add spices and shovel that in my trap. :-P
  • vaidajurgaityte
    vaidajurgaityte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Egg soufflés are good, nothing weird by the way:) I do it in microwave, in a silicone mold. However it´s been a while since I had one, so I might prepare one tomorrow, my PP day.

Today I made 5 days worth of oat bran - goji cake. This is so far my favourite, until I get bored of the same recipe. The base of the recipe is easy, oat bran, eggs, egg whites, quark, goji berries, makes a good amount, I usually have a piece for breakfast and another piece for late afternoon with my coffee.
  • vaidajurgaityte
    Options
    A simple way to have your fresh bread with very little effort:

You will need:

125 g quark or cottage cheese, 0 % fat ( Polish shops sell ´Tvorog', this one isjust perfect)
    2 egg whites
    1 TBSP ground flax seed
    a bit salt
    1 tsp baking powder

Blend everything until smooth, put into a silicone mould and microwave for about 5 min.

I find this recipe very useful, I get 4-5 thin slices of bread which I eat throughout the day.

It doesn´t use any oat bran, which I save for making a nice dessert.
  • globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    On the road travelling again from tomorrow but looking forward to being back home in 2 weeks todo some creative Dukan cooking. So much easier on cruise , I feel like I can eat 'normal' foods and be social with friends :)
  • vaidajurgaityte
    Options
    I am afraid to be social while dieting lol although it´s the time you can invite folk to your home and provide diet, but still edible food :)

how is with your meniu situation when travelling?