Hello Group

Hi! I just joined MFP today and am looking for a few men to encourage me along my journey. I am 37, weigh about 260, and am 6'1" on a small/med build frame. I am hoping to lose about 50-60 pounds this year. I am currently on crutches due to falling off the roof in early november and breaking my tibia near the knee. My doctor has recently approved me swimming and working out on a stationary bike although I am still unable to put any weight on that leg.

Replies

• loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Welcome to the Male Stop. Been on MFP since June 2013.
  • toeknee45
    toeknee45 Posts: 25 Member
    Welcome to the group. You have been added.
  • SteelerPaz
    SteelerPaz Posts: 8 Member
    Hi All....
    I am now 40 years old and I am not in the shape I thought or want to be. I was a college athlete, but injuries had cut my career short and change my lifestyle. I have had way too many knee surgeries and finally a knee replacement on Feb 28 2013. Since then, I have been working on getting my life back in shape and have a new lookout on life.

This holiday season, my family got me a treadmill and Fitbit Flex. For now, it is way too cold to walk outside in WI (temp -17).

Looking to add friends for motivation to keep it going!

Take care!
  • Hey man, I live in WI too and it is for sure is cold as hell outside. I lost the majority of my weight on an exercise bike every morning along with Intermittent Fasting. My work schedule worked well with the plan and i can basically eat what I want from 5-9 pm (i do not go overboard but a beer or 2 after work is great). I also walked 2.5 miles at my lunch break so i wasn't tempted.

As of now, i joined a gym cause i lost weight rather quickly and became flabby. Now I am toning and maintaining a 2 cardio days. Good luck and feel free to add me.

43446610.png
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Welcome!
  • Glens_Life
    Glens_Life Posts: 32 Member
    Welcome!
  • tjmahoney
    tjmahoney Posts: 47 Member
    Welcome to the group! Have sent a friend request to you as well!
  • ridekc65
    ridekc65 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi,
    Been on MFP for a while, but I had not run into this group before. The last group I was in was all women... not good :)
  • loulamb7
    Welcome runKC, looks like you've been around since 2011. Based on your banner you have 2 lbs to go. What's your story? Where and how did you start? Are in in maintenance? If so, how have you kept it off. I plan to officially enter maintenance next week.

I was glad I found this group of men. Not too much talk about only eating 1000-1200 calories a day, or the size of our hips/butts/breast. Well you may find so talk about getting rid of moobs.
  • ridekc65
    ridekc65 Posts: 21 Member
    @loulamb7 -- Well the story is that I need to update my profile! I want to get to 180, which is about 35 pounds from where I am at now.
  • Hi All,

Myself also a newbie. I have been putting on weight since I quit smoking and drinking couple of years ago. Now I am 219lb (height 5'9") and need to lose 50lb to get back to normal! This is my target for 2014. Good luck to you all and me too :-)

I havent exercised much in my life (except walking) so I am following a diet+20 min exercise daily for now, which includes mostly walking on treadmill. Any suggestion on exercising for beginners?

Best,
    P
  • loulamb7
    Hello a2couple,

Welcome to the Male Stop. I remember my early to mid thirties, first time I had to lost weight. Did it with exercise (treadmill and weight machines) but didn't address what I was eating. Managed to lose ~30 lbs. Which crept back on when I stooped exercising. Lost weight again in my mid-forties. That time by adding exercise and low-carb diet, weight flew off. Weight crept back on, when low-carb was not sustainable and, you guessed it, stopped exercising. Back at it again at 54, this time I used MFP, logged everything I ate and set my caloric deficit at 1 to 1.5 lbs per week. Did most of it with little added physical activity. I wanted to see what I could sustain without additional activity. Added beginners weight training about 2 months ago (All Pro Routine from bodybuilder). This is my last planned week on a deficit, plan to increase calories again next week until I hit maintenance.

Good luck.
  • Hi Loulamb07,

You seem to have lost well this time (actually ~50lb is my "dream weight loss" at this moment :-)). I am in my mid-thirties now (>32) so some of your experiences are quite helpful!
  • Steven166
    Steven166 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi I am new to this group and was wondering if anyone has had much experience at tobata circuits for weight loss. Thanks
  • rugged1529
    rugged1529 Posts: 95 Member
    hey all

I can use some more male friends, please add me