July 2014 due date

Options
jmyrtle
jmyrtle Posts: 44 Member
Hello everyone I am at 15wk and have been using MFP and Fitbit https://www.fitbit.com/user/26DT7G. To stay in shape and I'm looking for other moms to be to stay motivated and help cheer each other on as we process in our pregnancies :) I definitely benefited from the support on here in losing 40lbs and now I am back to gaining and some of my friends are still working on losing so I need to refocus my energy. I am continuing with my gym workouts my yoga strength training etc...

Replies

• justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi jmyrtle,

I have just joined the group too, I am 12 weeks. I agree the support here has really helped in the past so I am also hoping to benefit from this again and in return supporting others and hopefully helping them too!
  • Valley83
    Valley83 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

My name is Val, 13 1/2 weeks pregnant with my third, due July 23rd. I was part of this group earlier in the year and made a bunch friends that were due at the same time (unfortunately lost that baby).
  • lovelymerry
    Options
    I'm due 7/24. Seems so weird saying that. My one and only is 11yrs old. O_O I try to log my meals daily. I always forget to complete my diary til the following day but so far I've been doing pretty good. tomorrow I'll be 14weeks. wow. I'm 5'2" and started off at 156. I'm now 154. Not due to any kind of ms. I've just been trying to make better food choices. Trying. lol.
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    hey ladies! I'm due July 19th with my 3rd baby! I've already gained 14lbs and am pretty bummed about it so I am going to get serious about MFP tracking again. Good luck!
  • chicchick4
    Options
    Hi y'all! Due July 16! I had to gain some weight and decrease exercise in order to get pregnant but now want to eat normally and healthy and try to stay relatively active. How much calories are y'all setting your goal at? Some days I'm starving at eat more like 2300 and some days, 1800, which was my maintenance, feels fine. Thoughts?
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Hi y'all! Due July 16! I had to gain some weight and decrease exercise in order to get pregnant but now want to eat normally and healthy and try to stay relatively active. How much calories are y'all setting your goal at? Some days I'm starving at eat more like 2300 and some days, 1800, which was my maintenance, feels fine. Thoughts?
    Everyone's needs are different. if 1800-2300 satisfies you then eat that. Your body, if you listen and consistently fuel it properly, will tell you better than any calculator or blanket recommendation ever could. You're ~16 weeks from my estimation so an extra 350 calories is generally recommended....bottom line is you should eat if you find yourself hungry even after you've reached some predetermined target,
  • stringbeann
    Options
    Hi! I'm due July 27 with my first child! I've been on myfitnesspal for quite a while now, looking for some mommy to be support! Has anyone had any issues with iron? I have been a vegetarian for the last 12 years and have recently started to eat meat >.< my hemoglobins levels have been so low and I can't take iron supplements. But it doesn't seem to be helping, I"m still fainting and my hemoglobin levels wont pick up, also bruising like crazy now! My doctor is also unhappy as I havent gained a single pound by 15 weeks. Should I be eating more? Usually eat around 1200-1300 calories and then some days I will eat a lot more like 1800. But i basically just try to eat when i feel hungry, so I'm not sure whats happening! Good luck to eveyones pregnancies!
  • fitnat23
    Options
    Hi jmyrtle! Good to find other mommies trying to be healthy and fit. I had been on a good run eating healthy and working out through the summer. Then found myself unexpectedly pregnant in July. ( very excited as we thought we could have no more). Unfortunately miscarried in September. Had a month of sadness and lazy eating and then pregnant again! I am 17 weeks today! Pregnancy over the holidays was a terrible excuse to indulge too much. Trying to track every day now and back to working out at lunch now that some energy is back and not so sick. Have gained 12 pounds so far, but I swear at least 4 is in the boobs. Glad to have a place to come for encouragement! Due date is July 15!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies :)
    I am due 7-23 with #2
    I have a 16m old daughter (she will be about 21m then)

Trying to get my act together - first trimester I let all hell lose and ate whatever. Going to try and get back on track :D
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Hi! I'm due July 27 with my first child! I've been on myfitnesspal for quite a while now, looking for some mommy to be support! Has anyone had any issues with iron? I have been a vegetarian for the last 12 years and have recently started to eat meat >.< my hemoglobins levels have been so low and I can't take iron supplements. But it doesn't seem to be helping, I"m still fainting and my hemoglobin levels wont pick up, also bruising like crazy now! My doctor is also unhappy as I havent gained a single pound by 15 weeks. Should I be eating more? Usually eat around 1200-1300 calories and then some days I will eat a lot more like 1800. But i basically just try to eat when i feel hungry, so I'm not sure whats happening! Good luck to eveyones pregnancies!

Well, being pregnant and now into the second trimester you should be eating more like 1800+ every.single.day as you should be aiming for maintenance + 300 calories and I'm sure at your age you maintain on more than 1500 (1500+300 = 1800). So, eat more is what I would say--and if you must then substitute whatever low calorie foods you're eating with nuts, seeds, avocado, fatty fish, and more calorie dense foods.
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Hiba. I am 18 w 5 d. MFP helped me reach my weight goal and now I am gaining :)
    I am due Jul 10! I am still logging my food and the only form of exercise I do is walking.
  • MeanieD
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I'm due July 30th with my first. My husband and I are very excited! I wanted to join this group because I'm still working out and want to have the healthiest pregnancy possible.

Some basic stats:
    Weeks In: 17
    Diet: Vegan/Vegetarian
    Height: 5'6"
    Pre-Baby Weight: 162 lbs
    Current Weight: 168 lbs
    Pre-Baby Calorie Intake: 1500
    Current Calorie Intake: 1800
    Workout Plan: Swimming 3x per week, Yoga 2x per week, Walk the Dog every day -- I miss roller derby!!!

Topics I'm looking to discuss: breast feeding, pumping, cloth diapers, essential oils, Mommy & Me yoga, meal prepping (vegetarian only), nursery prep, pets and baby, etc.

Feel free to friend me. :happy:
  • mummykatie79
    mummykatie79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls,
    I'm due 29th July. I haven't been able to exercise at all in my first trimester but am strapping on my trainers today and drawing a line! I've put on about 14 pounds at 17 weeks, so hoping to slow the weight gain and start making wiser food choices now I don't feel sick all the time!
    xxx
  • hatkinson02
    Options
    Hi ladies. I am pregnant with my second and due July 19th. My first will be 9 when the new baby arrives so I've forgotten a lot of what it is like to be pregnant. I had terrible ms with my oldest son and then when I started being able to eat again, I managed to gain about 55lbs. My goal this time around is to avoid a repeat. I'm currently 18 weeks and have gained about 9lbs. I haven't been eating great so I've decided to start logging again to try to be conscious about what I'm eating.