What do you think about these exercises to improve squat?

Replies

• jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    i do almost all of them. dont have a GHR station so i only have the option of ham curls, but i love good mornings, back extensions, and box squats. all are great over all lower body exercises. but like he says be very careful with good mornings til you get the technique down. its a quick trip to snap city if you are careless.....
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    I do three of these regularly:box squats, good mornings, and GHRs. And I do lower back extensions every other week or third week (depending on how my lower back feels).

I think GHRs really helped me get comfortable going to parallel. I don't have a GHR station at my gym, so I use the lat pull down machine. Here's an older video when I was still new to them, I don't have that slight bend in the hips anymore (https://player.vimeo.com/video/77286511
  • jlclabo
    I do three of these regularly:box squats, good mornings, and GHRs. And I do lower back extensions every other week or third week (depending on how my lower back feels).

I think GHRs really helped me get comfortable going to parallel. I don't have a GHR station at my gym, so I use the lat pull down machine. Here's an older video when I was still new to them, I don't have that slight bend in the hips anymore (https://player.vimeo.com/video/77286511

good idea on the lat machine... mine has a huge bench attached to it so its not possible on mine, but i will figure out a way to add them.
  • byustrongman
    byustrongman Posts: 74 Member
    They're all good assistance, especially if you're weak in an area they target, but ultimately the best assistance movement for squatting is more squatting.
  • jlclabo
    They're all good assistance, especially if you're weak in an area they target, but ultimately the best assistance movement for squatting is more squatting.

^ THIS!!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Of course but I want to increase my core/lower back strength so it won't be the limiting factor. I don't do alot of lower back assistance and wanted to add some. For the very least for injury prevention