Deliciousness?

Options
LunaGreen
LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
What do you do for "treats?" if at all?
My go-to is a baked (or microwaved) apple sprinkled with cinnamon and drizzled with melter almond butter
anything else I should be aware of?

Replies

• sausalitomama
    sausalitomama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I'm loving mashed frozen banana with almond butter. It tastes like ice cream
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm not really in the mindset of 'treats' - all the food I eat is so delicious that I'm totally satiated and don't crave anything that might act as a non primal replacement or stand in for something sweet :-)
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Paleo Apple Pie Granola...had my 9 yr old make it with me and she crushed the nuts up too much but its still good. LOL

http://www.multiplydelicious.com/thefood/2012/11/apple-pie-paleo-granola/
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    What do you do for "treats?" if at all?
    My go-to is a baked (or microwaved) apple sprinkled with cinnamon and drizzled with melter almond butter
    anything else I should be aware of?

That sounds great! Will be making this weekend.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    My occasional treat is organic popcorn smothered in butter. It doesn't even screw up my health as long as I keep it to once per month.

I don't "treat" with sweet things though because they do derail me, instantly. I have no ability to "moderate" sweets, even Paleo sweets and high sugar fruits (bananas slay me).

Other than that, my everyday food is nothing but "treats". BP coffee, Rare steaks, mushrooms fried in butter, lamb, duck, crab legs, chocolate chili, side pork, omelets, salads.... now I'm salivating... What could be better than eating like this?
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    When I eat cream,I love devonshire cream with warm,wild blueberries and cinnamon.It's not a "treat"but it feels like one to me.
    Fat bombs are my other "treat"…google them,to DIE for!
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The occasional compliant Lara bar for me- I was just eating one for the first time this go around and feeling gleeful with how delicious it tasted then dropped half of it on the filthy floor. Fail.
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well typically when I crave sweets, its a particular time of the month. Something I am going through right now for the first time being Paleo. I made a smoothie yesterday with a banana unsweetened almond milk and 2 squares of 92% dark chocolate. It kicked the sweet tooth. But honestly, that was the first time I really wanted anything like that. All the recipes I have found have left me completely satisfied. Like Last night I mad Paleo Spaghetti Squash Carbonara and it was FANTASTIC. Their are lots of blogs with recipes.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    85% cacao chocolate, just pop it in your mouth and let it melt slowly, nothing like it.
  • tnd1103
    tnd1103 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wondered if Larabar is paleo. Thanks
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I have to be careful with fruits and I'm trying hard to give up peanuts. The safest treat for me is 85% chocolate. Or a spoon full of sesame butter.
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Tabasco chocolate wedges.

A little bit of sweet, a little bit of spicy - and very satisfying to take a single small wedge and savor it for my treat.

Mmmmmm. :tongue:
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I wondered if Larabar is paleo. Thanks

nom nom paleo does a Larabar recipe
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I will place muffin liners in a mini-muffin pan, add 1-2 teaspoons of warmed/liquid coconut butter then after it firms up add a smidge of either 85-100% cacao - it's like an Almond Joy bite! Keeping them in the mini-liners makes portion control super simple!
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I like frozen berries with coconut milk and cinnamon.
    apples fried in butter or ghee (or coconut oil) then sprinkled with cinnamon
    bananas with almond butter
    for more primal people tapioca pizza crust (from teh Domestic Man blog)
    Brazilian cheese bread (obviously has dairy)
    3 ingredient "paleo" nan (google it)
    the Diamond brand cocoa alonds
    dark chocolate
    almonds and dried apricots
    a pound of bacon :wink: