Fitbit

Options
Jules7727
Jules7727 Posts: 15 Member
Does anyone own a Fitbit? I have one of the originals, the Ultra. It adds in my exercise calories for the day. Yesterday after walking 14,000+ steps, it gave me a negative calorie adjustment, which totally bummed me out. I know there have been sync issues yesterday, but that was crazy.

Replies

• melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex; it entered a negative adjustment of over 600 cals but I don't count that towards my exercise. I consider the cals burned as per the fitbit to be part of your BMR calculation so I just ignore those adjustments. :)
  • knitwithpurpose
    knitwithpurpose Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Jules, there is a way to turn off the negetive calorie adjustment, but for I can not find it right now, which is discouraging because I remember seeing it yesterday. I believe it shows negative when MFP give you more calories for a workout than the fitbit does (at least that is how I understand it). Its to keep you from counting exercise calories twice.
  • Jules7727
    Options
    I don't count exercise points on MFP - I just use the fitbit, so it shouldn't have adjusted that way. I've been having syncing problems lately with MFP/Fitbit, so I think that is the issue. Today isn't syncing so it looks like I've been laying on the couch all day! Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon. I guess too many fitbits were sold at Christmas and the MFP site is having a hard time handling it. I ended up deleting my negative exercise count because it was depressing me...
  • ghoti3
    ghoti3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was looking into getting a fitbit, but I'm torn. Do you ladies recommend it? Usually I just go by the calorie counter on the gym equipment, but as the weather improves I'm hoping to get outside more so that's why I was considering it. I'd also like to see how much activity I do on a normal daily basis. Which ones do you have & why do you like/not like it? Thanks for the input!!
  • Jules7727
    Options
    I love my Fitbit! I've had mine since they first came out and absolutely love it. I have the old fashioned, original one and I have to be careful that it doesn't go thru the wash (that happened with my first one), and that I am wearing it all the time. The issue I'm having now with the syncing isn't Fitbit's issue, it is MFP's issue. I highly recommend the Fitbit
  • knitwithpurpose
    knitwithpurpose Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. I have a Fitbit One and can wear it almost anywhere, my favorite spot is clipped to the center of my bra (that way there is no bulge under the shirt). The drawback to the Fitbit as with most devices is that it doesn't track all activities with cycling being the most prominent. You can manually enter that info into your log so there is a workaround. You can get obsessed though; last night I found myself taking a late evening power walk because I felt that I hadn't burned enough calories!
  • ghoti3
    ghoti3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I find that the MFP calories burned seems to be really high, so I do think I will get one. Anything for accountability. I almost hope that I get obsessed :-)