Shakeology?

Options
Is anyone taking the Beachbody Shakeology too? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the $.

Replies

• Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am not taking it. My understanding is that it is pretty good - but not necessarily better than plain old chocolate milk. :)
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't use shakeology, but if you break the price down I think it really comes out to 4.00$ a serving, which frankly, isn't an expensive meal. I eat mostly veggies and fruit, and especially in winter that couple with some meat can easily come out to more than $4.00.

I always do wonder though if it will keep you full, and if people stop using it and gain weight again because they haven't actually learned better habits.
  • kzeug
    kzeug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know someone who is taking it and she swears by it, but it's just too pricey. You can still achieve great results without it. I recommend you do have some sort of whey protein drink to have after each workout.
  • melissawiltrout
    melissawiltrout Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will stick to my protein shakes and see what p90x3 can do for me!
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    my kids and i drink it every single day. there are 70 whole non GMO food and supplements in it, so not quite like chocolate milk. the two I drink are vegan chocolate and vegan tropical strawberry ( i don't do dairy and whey). it's not about weight loss, or drinking a protein shake, it's about being as healthy as my kids and I can be, so to me it's worth the investment in our health! :-)
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    I've started drinking it 2 years ago for my digestive health and LOVE it!! It has a high amount of protein, but also includes so much more. If all you’re concerned about is building muscle and not much more, then yes, a standard whey protein will do. I would recommend Shakeology if you want more than just protein. It is packed full of nutrients and probiotics that you can't get in a regular protein shake. Feel free to message me if you want more info. :)
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    my kids and i drink it every single day. there are 70 whole non GMO food and supplements in it, so not quite like chocolate milk. the two I drink are vegan chocolate and vegan tropical strawberry ( i don't do dairy and whey). it's not about weight loss, or drinking a protein shake, it's about being as healthy as my kids and I can be, so to me it's worth the investment in our health! :-)
    4themoney is right - Shakeology isn't "about the same as chocolate milk." (I was thinking of the recovery drink when I made that comment.) It still costs too much for my money - but I needed to correct my earlier comment on Shakeology.