Looking for a curry recipe

Options
I'm on the Ideal Protein diet (phase 1...so no dairy, no fruit, some veggies are off limits).

I miss Indian and/or Tai curry chicken and peanut pad tai. I've looked on multiple recipe pages and have not had much luck finding ANY curry dishes. Does anyone have any to share? I'm not a very good cook...so I need directions ;)

Thanks!

Replies

• lisasaia
    Options
    Funny you mention this as I just made this today! It's not an actual recipe, but I just improvise and throw it together until it tastes good lol. Typically I use either fried hamburger or chicken, add steamed cauliflower, and/or broccoli (and green peppers or any other vegetables you might be able to have in this phase). I add a TBSP of coconut oil and a TBSP of butter into a saucepan then add the meat, veggies, and curry powder (optional garlic/ginger, etc) and heat on low for a few minutes. I also add a little salt and soya sauce. Kind of a hodgepodge, but I hope it is helpful :)
  • Deuxtrouble43
    Deuxtrouble43 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can try here too. They have amzing recipes on here. I am a huge fan of coconut curry :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/comments/1pf99s/coconut_curry_chicken/
  • mutantatoms
    Options
    Sweet! I look forward to trying that....Thanks!
  • TheRealMarsupial12
    Options
    I made up an easy curry that is awesome.

I take my protein and fry it in butter. When it is browned, I add garlic and onion powders and curry seasoning. I would estimate about two tablespoons of curry powder for every pound of meat and about 2-3 teaspoons of the onion and garlic powders. Salt to taste.

Stir the meat until it is coated with the spices and they are fragrant. Then, add a few tablespoons of heavy cream.

I simmer that on low for 20-45 minutes, depending on the type of meat, how flavorful I want it, and how much time I have. I add veggies about 7 minutes before it's done.

Eat. Enjoy.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I make an easy curry mayo/dip that is terrific with meatballs or chicken.
    Just add curry powder to mayo ( as much as you like). Yum Best if you let it rest for an hour or so before using.
  • afalewyn
    afalewyn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite recipe, I love the idea of using cauliflower as the "rice."

http://cavemanketo.com/curry-chicken-with-riced-cauliflower/