Anyone Starting Chalean Extreme?

Options
finallylean
finallylean Posts: 553 Member
I'm starting the burn phase Monday 1/13th. Anyone interested in becoming my buddy?

We can motivate each other to stay with the program!!! Let me know!

Replies

• Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    hi just started burn 1 this morning :) wanted to start last week but had to wait for an injury to finish healing first. I put on my heart rate monitor and was totally surprised by the calorie burn :) good luck :)
  • ramsfan84
    ramsfan84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I restarted today but am doing T25 as well so I am only doing the lifting part of the program. Unless I really feel I can handle both cardio's on the same day. Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • amomono
    amomono Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week three of Burn. I'd be happy to follow along with you, also! Add me if you like
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started on January 13 too! Glad to have found this group.
  • Vieve03
    Vieve03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow Monday Jan 19, I'm actually nervous! I haven't done weights in forever, I'm definitely a cardio girl. How are you ladies coming along?
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today! I've started this program a few times and have never completed it. But I saw results almost immediately every time. I'm excited to get started! Burn 1 for me today! I may substitute other cardio, like TF, but the weight training is where it's at for me.
  • jenjersnapco
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow Monday Jan 19, I'm actually nervous! I haven't done weights in forever, I'm definitely a cardio girl. How are you ladies coming along?

First week went great though I am lifting light. My dang poor upper body strength gets me every time. Good luck with your first work out!
  • stephminor14
    stephminor14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am starting next Monday. A little behind you, but would like to chime in!!:smile:
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just finished week 1 of my TurboFire/CLX hybrid where I follow the original TF class schedule then add in the CLX circuits 3 times a week (Burn Circuits for month 1, Push month 2 & Lean month 3). This is my 3rd time doing CLX (second time as a hybrid with TF) so if anyone has questions or needs support, I'm happy to help! Everyone is welcome to add me as a buddy too - it would be great to have some friends on a similar workout schedule.

It really is important to make sure your weights are heavy enough to reach complete failure/exhaustion by the 12th rep for the program to be effective. I know Chalene says it a lot but if you're not at the point where you're going to drop the weights if you don't stop, then you should be using heavier weights. It takes time to get to know your limits and the best way to do it is to push yourself. You'd be surprised how much weight you cam really lift. By the end of my last round of CLX, I was using 30 pounds for most upper body exercises and 50 pounds for lower body which completely shocked me :)

Adequate protein intake is imperative! The best time to drink that protein shake/shot is within 15 minutes of finishing your workout. Look for products that contain BCAA's (branched chain amino acids). They help your body absorb twice as much protein so you only consume half the calories as products without them. The protein will help minimize muscle soreness and help boost results since protein is what your body uses to build and repair muscles.

Keep pushing play!
  • jenjersnapco
    Options
    Snip

It really is important to make sure your weights are heavy enough to reach complete failure/exhaustion by the 12th rep for the program to be effective. I know Chalene says it a lot but if you're not at the point where you're going to drop the weights if you don't stop, then you should be using heavier weights. It takes time to get to know your limits and the best way to do it is to push yourself. You'd be surprised how much weight you cam really lift. By the end of my last round of CLX, I was using 30 pounds for most upper body exercises and 50 pounds for lower body which completely shocked

This might be referring to my comment that I was lifting "light". Light is relative. I am exceeding the weight the beginner uses in the Burn circuit (sometimes by a large margin) and, yes, lifting to failure. When I used to lift faster or use machines, I lifted somewhat heavier. My upper body strength has always been an issue.

Hoping to do a hybrid next time I do CEX. I decided to up my cardio a bit this round after googling. Starting week 3 of Burn today.
  • piwijpoukasi
    piwijpoukasi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!

After numerous false starts and ineffective equipment - I have selectTech dumbbells on their way and I'm finally ready to commit! I should have the dumbbells by Saturday so I'm planning on a Sunday start.... I know I'm a bit late, but do you mind if I join you all?

I hope everyone is doing well! If you have any motivational tips, I'm all ears!
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I started yesterday (1/27/14) and I'm feeling it today. I guess that means I really worked out hard. :smile:
  • sugaree1202
    Options
    Snip

It really is important to make sure your weights are heavy enough to reach complete failure/exhaustion by the 12th rep for the program to be effective. I know Chalene says it a lot but if you're not at the point where you're going to drop the weights if you don't stop, then you should be using heavier weights. It takes time to get to know your limits and the best way to do it is to push yourself. You'd be surprised how much weight you cam really lift. By the end of my last round of CLX, I was using 30 pounds for most upper body exercises and 50 pounds for lower body which completely shocked

This might be referring to my comment that I was lifting "light". Light is relative. I am exceeding the weight the beginner uses in the Burn circuit (sometimes by a large margin) and, yes, lifting to failure. When I used to lift faster or use machines, I lifted somewhat heavier. My upper body strength has always been an issue.

Hoping to do a hybrid next time I do CEX. I decided to up my cardio a bit this round after googling. Starting week 3 of Burn today.

I completely agree! I actually didn't even notice your comment :) I really mentioned it because it wasn't until my second round of CLX that I realized what "failure" really meant and used heavy enough weights to reach it.

What takes one person to fail for a particular muscle is much different then what someone else will require. What's important is that you're using the weight it takes for you to fail.

I also agree that more cardio is needed than what's included in the CLX schedule which is why I add the weight circuits to the TurboFire schedule. 6 days of cardio (3 moderate, steady-state and 3 HIIT) plus 3 days of strength training per week is optimal for weight loss and developing a toned, defined, body. I've found that TF and CLX complement each other pperfectly and provide the right ratio of cardio to strength.

For anyone who's interested, I'm starting a 30 day fitness challenge this Sunday if anyone is interested in joining! It's ladies only & any fitness routine - get in touch via message to join or if you have questions (mfp doesn't have notifications for new posts on the message boards so I might not see it if you post here). A lot of the group members are doing or have done CLX and we have a great time keeping each other motivated!

I hope everyone is having a great day :)
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am going to be starting CLX as soon as I get my new SelectTech weights. I have a set that I used before but they only went up to 25lbs and I was holding back on some of the exercises for fear I would max out my weights and not be able to advance any higher (I know that sounds kind of silly but my thinking is a little backwards at times ????). So when I get my weights I will be checking in here to see how you ladies are doing. Thins will be my third round of CLX and I will supplement with Turbo Fire cardio, just because it is so much fun

Sugarfree1202 - your schedule sounds really similar to what I did last round which is what I plan on doing again because I had fantastic results! I lost 26 pounds an 27 inches in the 12 weeks of this program. I am hoping to have better results this time since I can truly lift to failure with my new weights!

Good luck to you all!

Tracy
  • sugaree1202
    Options
    ^^^^ tracylee - you are going to love the SelecTechs especially since you've used a less then optimal set for CLX already!

I used 2 cheap bar, clip and plate dumbbell sets for my first round of CLX. They got the job done but were clunky, took a lot of time to switch (I always felt rushed) and I didn't feel 100% safe using them at higher weights.

Not only were the SelecTechs so much easier (and made me feel like a boss during workouts) but I could lift more for each exercise immediately (I got the ST's mid-program) because I wasn't exhausting my forearm muscles as quickly from overgripping the thin bar on my cheap set. The grips on the ST's is comfortable and substantial. It makes a major difference in your performance!

Those are some great results! It's nice to hear someone else makes their own hybrids too :) Keep up the great work!

Edit to previous post: I looked back at my CLX logs from my previous round and actually went up to 70 pounds for lower body exercises (35 pounds per side) by the end of the 12 weeks :)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just checking in - Completed Week 1 of Burn. Exercising in the mornings, which is new to me. Still working on eating habits. Better, but not awesome - shooting for awesome!
    Have a great week all!
    Sharon
  • jenjersnapco
    Options
    Starting Push today! Lost several inches during Burn, hoping for some lbs and inches in the next 4 weeks!
  • zenyacleveland
    zenyacleveland Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!
    can't wait to see before and after!!
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the group, I just got the program today and will be starting "officially" on 3/10--I did Burn Circuit 1 today though and loved it! I'm pretty new to doing weights and still have quite a bit of weight to lose but I'm excited. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • fighterforfree
    Options
    Hello i just saw that you were back in that time on your 3rd week of chalean i would like to know by this time are you still doung it. And how does it work for you have you lost pounds. I just started and have finished my 1st week and i need to speak to others that are doing the program. Thanks