The Reslts

Options
Well today was my last day of JMBR and I thought I'd post my results and let you guys know how the programme went from my point of view.

When I started back in September I knew that I only just had enough time to complete the whole programme in the 90 days before Christmas hit and if I missed more than a couple of days I wouldn't be able to finish it fully. For me this turned out to be a really good thing....... because my back was against the wall like that I seemed to perform at my best and discovered resources, determination, time management skills and a plain stubbornness that isn't usually apparent in my every day life. If I achieved nothing else in doing this I will always be grateful that the best thing I gained was a belief in myself that I can do anything I really put my mind to.

It was hard......bloody hard! It hurt....... a lot at times. It was frustrating and I still can't complete all the exercises and I modify a fair bit. At times I wanted to kill Jillian, I found anything with punch and kick moves really helpful and cathartic at time like that! There were days when I really thought I couldn't face it but somehow I shelved those negative thoughts and concentrated on the fact that it was only 30 minutes and I would regret it if I didn't stick to the plan.

I never regretted doing a single workout, I always felt amazing when I'd finished. I saw and felt my body get stronger and I knew I was doing something positive for myself, my body and by default my family. I feel like I have really achieved something and what's more I want to carry on looking after myself this way. I had the most amazing support from my daughter, this forum and my MFP friends who cheered, commiserated and celebrated with me for the entire 13 weeks.

So here's my results

I lost a full dress size and some going from a British size 16 to a 14, in fact the last couple of things I've bought have been 12's but they are a little snug, I didn't want to get the 14's because they were baggy in places and I intend to lose more,

My starting weight was 171.8 finishing weight 158.6 a loss of 13.2 lbs

Upper Chest minus 1 inch
Bust minus 2 inches
Midriff minus 3 inches
Waist minus 2.5 inches
Hips minus 3 inches
Thighs minus 1/2 inch each

My calves and arms stayed the same but I never really carried any weight there anyway.

This is the first time I've ever attempted to post pictures so fingers crossed, bear in mind I'm no super model and I still have a way to go, but I thought it might encourage someone to see the results.

ee500d84-e10f-4ff1-a590-7045e2e85010_zps647cb81c.jpg

f4b7d4a5-d466-4ef7-9212-1caf030ff070_zps14efb4fc.jpg

Replies

• clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Great results, well done!
  • sdkyne
    sdkyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look much stronger and fit! What are your next steps? Congrats.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Great results! Congrats on finishing the program and sticking to it!
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    PolkaDot_Princess Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Great results! so what's next?
  • amynoelhall1
    amynoelhall1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! Congratulations! I'm picking up the program again after a week off for the holidays. Hoping my results are as good as yours. :)
  • yujinclara
    Options
    Wow great results! I can really see the difference.
    I read on your previous posts that you stuck to about 1800 calories which is what I'm going for so it's good to see that you've got great results still. I just can't imagine being on a 1200 calorie diet for 90 days. I'd be so mis! :-(

Excellent job and look forward to hearing about your progress with TM? is it?
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well done, your results are great. You can see how much more toned you are, not just slimmer.

I am on phase 1, with almost enough time to finish before a wedding in April. I think I am one week short. I was hoping to lose 7-10lb, and feel really inspired by your loss and your pictures. I am currently near your starting weigh. I have already bought my dress (UK 14) and it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to have it altered!

I am eating 14450 calories, and will see if that is enough. I don't feel that hungry, but it is only week 2. I have been watching a phase 2 workout, and they are much tougher. Did you find yourself getting hungrier as you went through the programme?
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the lovely comments. I hope you are all doing well with JMBR.

I'm into week 2 of T25 now. Shaun T is a big change from Jillian and the style of workouts quite different. I'm enjoying the change and I've found getting into a routine and the exercise it's self much easier (it's not easy but you know what I mean, less of a body shock this time) thanks to JMBR. I'm hoping to do another round of BR once I've finish T25.

I am eating 14450 calories, and will see if that is enough. I don't feel that hungry, but it is only week 2. I have been watching a phase 2 workout, and they are much tougher. Did you find yourself getting hungrier as you went through the programme?

I can't say I noticed feeling any hungrier, just the usual 'off' day.