New to the group (not to MFP)

Options
CariS001
CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
Hi all!

I've been on MFP for quite some time, and recently thought it would be so great to have a group focused on the last few body fat % (or maintaining). And hey look - there is one :):):)

I'm 5'4", 120lbs, hovering around 19% BF. My goal is 16% BF. I follow a fairly low-carb approach, with no gluten and very limited dairy. I weight train 3x per week, HIIT and sprint work, and lots of walking.

Would love to have some like-minded individuals to help with accountability, and to cheer on! I am very active on MFP.

Replies

• tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I just joined myself a week or so ago, and everyone here is really nice. :)
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Same here! I was very pleased to find this group of people. I will add you ladies. Have a fabulous weekend!
  • teresand77
    teresand77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Cari,
    I am in a similar boat. I am 5'4", 131 lbs at 17% bodyfat (I just did the bod pod). I am pretty happy with this but would like to maintain this and maybe lose 1-2% of bodyfat. I just need to watch what I'm eating a bit more. I lift weights 4 times a week, run twice, teach spin twice, and teach yoga once.

Welcome to the group!
    Teresa
  • EveryNameIsTakenDudes
    Options
    I'm new to mfp and this group. I'm not overweight but would still like to lose a bit. I walk and run 3 days a week but I don't do strength training because I don't have the equipment. :tongue:
  • pps7
    pps7 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the group and sort of new to MFP. I'm 5'2" and 112lbs so close to my target weight. My main issue is that I'm probably close to 25% BF. Would like to get closer to 20%. So that's what I will be working on for the next few months. I like to run and have been doing several Jillian Michael Workouts for the past 6 weeks. Just ordered insanity so hopefully will start that in the next week or 2.
  • rachelamber_x
    rachelamber_x Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I just joined this group today.
    I'm 5 foot 3.5, 119lb with a body fat % of 24. Looking to decrease my body fat to around 20%, after my exams I'm going to get back into going the gym and try to increase my muscle a bit.
    Friends who know what they are talking about in this would be very helpful!! Feel free to add me, just put in the add that its from this group so I have an idea who you are :)
  • vpeters28
    Options
    Hi guys! I also just joined this group and MFP today! I am 5'4, 115 pounds, and I am not sure what my body fat is like, but it's probably higher than I want it to be. I am mostly looking to tone up and eat healthier, especially since I am just about to start grad school. My problem is that when I get busy, I put exercise and healthy eating on the backburner, often just getting food on my way home and then just watching tv or studying the rest of the time (this was my habit last year with work and school at the same time).

I'm planning on going to group fitness classes at the rec center several times a week for strength training, and aim to eat about 1200 calories a day (right now I am under that mark, and I don't think I'm taking in enough calories).

Glad to have found this group and good luck to everyone!