WANTED- virtual running buddy

Options
bonjour24
bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
I'm just about to get back into the swing of things. I have a half on 23rd Feb, another half on 16th March (a hilly one), and a challenging full on 3rd May.
I've done this all before and have been filled with determination, so being alone hasn't been an issue. But for the last year or so I've found running lonely. There are no running groups near me, and I work shifts so often run at inconvenient times of day. I had myself a running buddy, and I'd planned to do all of the above runs (and the bulk of the long training runs) with her. But she has recently found herself in the family way and can barely drag her *kitten* out of bed for a walk!
I don't need someone to run with per se. I need someone who is on a similar training path to me so I can share stories and have someone to keep motivated with.
Does anyone else out there have any plans that are in any way similar to mine, and want to be my virtual buddy?

Replies

• 2014JourneyofKimbini
    Options
    I'll be your virtual running buddy.
  • HealthyBrandi
    HealthyBrandi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I really miss not having teammates and a coach like I did in HS and college. I make excuses so easily on why not to run. Let me know how this works.
  • HealthyBrandi
    HealthyBrandi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am only training for 5Ks now though, but I can probably give a story or two.