Weekend challenge # 1, Burn 800 calories

Options
umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
Hi group, Weekend is here and I have already done bigger breakfast and in order to save the day I have to move. I am posting the challenge to burn 800 calories on this weekend. Just a tip try to burn more cals today than leaving them for tomorrow because sundays are generally lazier. I hope everyone will be able to participate. This will make the challenge even more interesting. You dont have to go to gym to burn these cals just a couple of long walks will do and mind you dont underestimate the effectiveness of walking. They are as good as any other workout. Come on peeps wake up and get up and do some calories burning!!!!

Replies

• doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    count me in..let the burning begin. :)
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'M HERE! GOTTA GET TO IT!!
  • umer76
    Options
    500 cals burnt today. Good start to the weekend. Just 300 calories left for tomorrow.
  • littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Today will be rough, because I have a funeral to go to which is about 2 hours away. So I may have to leave the majority of the calories for Sunday, but I'm up for the challenge!
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    529 calorie burn for today!!!

Here is the way I burned them:

15 minutes of day 1 of BodyBuilding.com New Year 7 day beginner trainer workout which consisted of:
    squats 8 reps, one arm dumbbell row 8 reps/arm, 8 pushups, and 8 dumbbell lunges all for 4 sets. I am no good at the dumbbell lunges.....really not good at lunges at all so I did them without dumbbells today but will add them when this work out rolls back around.

Brazen Fit 24 Day Ab Challenge day 1

Then I walked 3 miles on treadmill

Feel very accomplished for a Saturday :bigsmile:

NOW bring on Sunday!!!
  • jacksprat
    jacksprat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow! you are not going to believe this, I was trying to do 1 hour on the treadmill to get a start on the weekend fitness challenge and the darn thing overheated. The machine, not me. I was on a roll too, thank God for this challenge, I did not think I was ready for that brisk a pace but I am soooooo ready. I am exhilarated. I am going to get back on this after noon to see if I can't knock outthe balance, we will see how I feel then. That was great.

I burned 415 calories in 52 minutes. My pace started at 3.0 and went up to 5.4
  • umer76
    Options
    Good to see that both of you have made an effort on a Saturday. This is the whole purpose of this challenge. Good work!
  • doin_it
    Options
    Saturday 600 calories burnt :)
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    I managed to get 300 calories yesterday (Saturday).

I have the spreadsheet going and will post the results on Tuesday, in case there are a few people who report in a little later.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I am so in...not sure if I'll get the 800 in, just because I didn't do anything yesterday. I was way dizzy all day and every time I tried I felt like I was going to fall over. But I'll get as close as possible!
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    I did it!!

I did burned 525 calories this morning! I still have the rest of the day, but I was so proud of myself that I couldn't wait to post!

825 burned this weekend!
  • jacksprat
    jacksprat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did 404 today, on the treadmill. Today was easier than yesterday, I started at 3.0 and went up to 4.5. The trick was I was not at 3.0 very long and I stayed at 4.0 the majority of the time and then 4.5 for about 10 minutes. All in all I spent 50 minutes including the warm up and cool down. I spent a total of 819 calories. I am proud of myself and all of you that did it. Thanks again to Umer for the challenge and for the inspiration to get it going. This is good for me.
  • umer76
    Options
    I did it as well:) 303 cals burnt today. I was hoping to do much better but for the first challenge I am okay with it. It is always a great feeling to be active over the weekend. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Total cals burnt for the weekend 803!
  • Chejan
    Chejan Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    918 calories burnt this weekend.

On Saturday I did Zumba at the gym which makes up most of those calories, and today I did some light calisthenics and Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk video on YouTube.

I really wasn't going to workout today, but I saw how much effort everyone was putting in and it motivated me to get up and do something. I've been laying around all week so I needed this.
  • umer76
    Options
    I am so in...not sure if I'll get the 800 in, just because I didn't do anything yesterday. I was way dizzy all day and every time I tried I felt like I was going to fall over. But I'll get as close as possible!
    As long as you move yourself and give it a try thats what matters first. The target will be no problem for you in the next weeks
  • doin_it
    Options
    Saturday 600 calories burnt :)

Burnt 300 today so a total of 900 for the weekend.

not bad but was hoping to do more but great to be back at the weekend challenges. :)
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    Ok guys I have had a busy day, church this morning, then after church lunch with the kids, then home to start laundry, nap then treadmill for a calorie burn of 386 which made me a grand total calorie burn for the weekend 915 :bigsmile: quite pleased with myself!!
  • umer76
    Options
    Good effort from everyone. Seriously I was on in no mood to burn this much calories myself but after posting the challenge it was a kind of commitment. This is why I love this kind of challenges:bigsmile:
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    Umer I totally understand....did NOT think I would be able to get my exercise in yesterday (sunday) it was just such a busy day!! and I was so so tired but we did it...thanks for posting the challenge for us!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Chejan
    Chejan Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    These challenges really are helpful! I probably would have done nothing on Sunday if it wasn't for this challenge and the motivation from everyone taking part. Everyone did really good this weekend! I hope we can all keep this up :smile: